Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Consolidated Statements

For some reason, attachments are not allowed in the Bourbon of the Month thread.

We were discussing there the annual Bourbon Whiskey by Various Periods of Production Remaining in Kentucky Warehouses statements. The one for 2004, the most recent one I have, is attached.

By the way, although it says "bourbon," my assumption is that it includes all aging whiskey, i.e., rye, wheat and Kentucky Whisky as well. The state seems unlikely to be only taxing bourbon.

Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Virtuoso

Heaven Hill Rules!

I notice that while Heaven Hill had only about 1/2 as much total stock as Beam, they had the most barrels for every category older than 4 years. That's a pretty big pipeline of well aged product.

I especially note that they have 1/2 of the world's supply of Kentucky whiskies in the 8+ years category.

Way to go HH!

Roger

And, Roger, note that in 1997 -- months after losing its distillery -- Heaven Hill still outstripped everyone except Wild Turkey in barrels warehoused. Max took it to the 'max', and guessed right, even in vicissitude.
    Tim

Disciple
    very interesting - thanks much for posting!

too bad it doesn't continue to break things down past 8 yrs old...
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Guru

Re: Consolidated Statements

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    For some reason, attachments are not allowed in the Bourbon of the Month thread.

We were discussing there the annual Bourbon Whiskey by Various Periods of Production Remaining in Kentucky Warehouses statements. The one for 2004, the most recent one I have, is attached.

By the way, although it says "bourbon," my assumption is that it includes all aging whiskey, i.e., rye, wheat and Kentucky Whisky as well. The state seems unlikely to be only taxing bourbon.

Enjoy.
    I came across this thread via another.
    This statement is interesting, I would also like to see a current one.
    I have several questions after looking this over.
    What did Maker's Mark do with the 279 barrels of 8+ year old whiskey?
    Who is Stone Castle Properties?
    Four Roses, are you holdin' out on us, where's that 14574 barrels of 8+ year old stuff?
    And will Heaven Hill sell the "not up to snuff" of the 121456 8+ year old barrells to KBD?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

I'm gonna guess Stone Castle to be Kentucky Bourbon Distillers.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Disciple

I think stone castle properties is/was the company that was owned by the Withrows who previously bought the Old Taylor distillery from Jim Beam.

Thomas

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Stone Castle is the outfit that owned the Old Taylor facility. I know the warehouses there were in use at that time, but was unaware that the Withrows ever owned any whiskey. These statements can be a little weird and I have been frustrated in my efforts both to explain them and obtain a reliable source. All of the distilleries have them and that's where I usually get copies.

The information on which they are based comes from the Kentucky Revenue Department, but they don't prepare the consolidated statements. For many years Liberty National Bank, in Louisville, prepared them. I'm not sure who does it now but I think it's the Kentucky Distillers Association.

KBD always tells us they age whiskey they own in their warehouses, yet I've never seen them on this statement. I can't explain that either.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post

KBD always tells us they age whiskey they own in their warehouses, yet I've never seen them on this statement. I can't explain that either.
    yeah, I know what you mean,....
    hit the link below.
    I will agree that I can be impressionable, but don't you get the impression that not only do they age, but they also distill, ever since 1935.

www.kentuckybourbonwhiskey.com

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    but they also distill, ever since 1935.

www.kentuckybourbonwhiskey.com
    Oscar,

They soon will!

Leif
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Swedish lover of American whiskey