Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur
    Tonight, It's Bulleit, I was using in a marinade for Flank Steaks and another for bbq ribs. I was staring at the bottle for so long, I decided to pour myself a glass. I'm actually enjoying the Bulleit, a pleasant surprise.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Taster
    For a bit of a change i've started tonight with a Rum...Inner Circle Black Dot.

Quote Originally Posted by leigh_munro
    For a bit of a change i've started tonight with a Rum...Inner Circle Black Dot.
    OK Leigh, nothing against rum, but I gotta get this back on track...

Tonight I am having Wild Turkey 12 Year from an export only bottle. Took me a while to realize the export only's are 700 not 750ml. I MISS that 50ml, but for only 35 tax free dollars I will not complain further. That WT is some really fine stuff. I'd love to have A LOT more because there seems to be stress coming from every where right now, but I just need to get to sleep soon... of course I am known to talk myself into more bourbon just about every week.

Speaking of stress: why is common sense, courtesy and respect so hard to come by in friends, acquaintances and family???

Ok, maybe I've talked myself into some more, maybe a little AAA.... Hey it's August 1st (almost), what's that BOTM gonna be?
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Apprentice
    Mainly ETL but Sunday night I mixed half and half of PVWFR 15 year and JD Single Barrel; I know this is probably against some kind of bourbon law, or something, but the combination was very good. The maple flavor went very well with the dryness of the PVW.

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer
    More Sapphire or Beefeater's?

Tim
    Personally, Tim, I'd go for Tanquery 10. It's my "go to" Gin (if I actually have such a thing). It makes a good Martini and recent discoveries of G&T and Bitter Lemon have shown it to stand up just fine. Tried a few more exotics recently, Junipero, Henrick's and Magallen.... They're all fine but nothing to knock 10 out of my bar (and not worth the extra effort to find!). 10 has nice botanicals that really make for a nice refreshing mix. Does anyone drink Gin neat??? Doesn't seem appealing to me.

Ken
    "Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary. "

Guru
    I laid a bottle of WLW on my neighbor as a gift for his upcoming annual golf outing. He stopped by a few minutes later, glasses in hand, with a bottle of EW SB 94.

We shared toast (or a few) to good neighbors and good friends.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kbuzbee
    Personally, Tim, I'd go for Tanquery 10. It's my "go to" Gin (if I actually have such a thing). It makes a good Martini and recent discoveries of G&T and Bitter Lemon have shown it to stand up just fine. Tried a few more exotics recently, Junipero, Henrick's and Magallen.... They're all fine but nothing to knock 10 out of my bar (and not worth the extra effort to find!). 10 has nice botanicals that really make for a nice refreshing mix. Does anyone drink Gin neat??? Doesn't seem appealing to me.

Ken
    1) I'll look for the T-10, but I don't recall seeing it, around here. We have the regular Tanqueray, though.

2) I decided to buy the Beefeater's, which I have not had in quite a while. I've pretty much stuck with regular Bombay and Sapphire for a while, now.

3) Isn't straight gin what people are drinking when they have their bone dry martinis with no vermouth in them?

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer
    3) Isn't straight gin what people are drinking when they have their bone dry martinis with no vermouth in them?
    Tim, I don't care much for regular Tanquery (or Beefeaters or Bombay for that matter) Saphire is okay but T-10 is IMO better. And I can find it locally so...

3. May be. I don't have many Martinis and I mix them about 3:1. You always hear that "Just let it smell the vermouth" stuff but never went there myself. An aside, my wife used to occasionally ask for a Martini...(?) Turns out she just likes olives Never cared for the drink.

Ken
    "Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary. "

Advanced Taster

What I'm Drinking.

Had a nice pour of EC 12 which has become my front bottle on the bar then I went to EWSB 95 in my Riedels Bourbon glass. For the night cap I had a little tap of A.H. Hirsch 16 to make me sleepy for the evening. I think the EC 12 is as excellent reasonably priced go to drink for me. It will be on my bar for the foreseeable future.

bj

Connoisseur
    Right now, it's a head to head with Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength Red Stripe and Ardbeg Uigeadail. I'd say the Uigeadail is the winner, it is far more complex and a bit smoother. They are both better with just a few drops of water. But they are both outstanding Islay's.
    I feel like tonight's going to be a Scotch night.

Update: Couldn't keep going without any bourbon, so I had to pour some Wild Turkey Rare Breed.
    Last edited by TimmyBoston; 08-03-2006 at 00:45.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.