Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Taster
    Just back from walking the dog and toping the evening off with a pour of Eagle Rare 101, 10 yr

Novice
    OGD 114. I'm tryin' to match the proof up with our daytime temperatures . It's only 104 now so I can hit the WT 101 soon

Wade

Novice
    Well, the OGD 114 ended up in my lap . Good thing I have a chair mat or else I'd be scrubbin' the carpet instead of drinkin' another. This time it's WT Rare Breed. Didn't feel like opening the 101 just yet.

As much as I like the Rare Breed I'm going to have to give the edge to the OGD tonight. For some reason that one just hit the spot (and desk, lap and floor), tonight. Should have drank another one but felt like hitting up the WT for some reason.

Wade

Connoisseur
    AH Hirsch 16 a true classic, then BMH 16, that bourbon is the most hit and miss that I have. Sometimes the Black Maple Hill tastes up there with the best I've tasted, absolutely fantastic and sometimes I just don't go for it, all from the same bottle. So after the BMH didn't go so well. I went to EW 1783, I can't believe it, 10 dollars and its rapidly becoming one of my favorites.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

The original 101 proof WT Russell's Reserve. I like this so much I went out and bought the last 17 bottles I could find.
    Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whisky is barely enough. - Mark Twain

Administrator in exile
    I'm enjoying an Old forester 100 proof over a couple ice cubes. You know, if I had to pick the quintessential bourbon, this would be it. Not necessarily the most refined pour available, but if I had to describe to someone what bourbon tastes like, I would say it tastes like Old Forester.
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Connoisseur
    Pappy Van Winkle 15 and WT Russell's 101. They make me feel so civilized.

Jeff, I may have to go out there and pick up some Old Forrester 100 to try. And about your Avatar, which is hilarious, I just hope that not bourbon the little guy's pouring on himself.
    Last edited by TimmyBoston; 07-14-2006 at 01:18.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Connoisseur
    Last night was my dusty bottle find of Benchmark, my not so dusty bottle of Old Overholt, and my kinda dusty bottle find of Jamesons Gold.

Benchmark was a very pleasant surprise. Very nice sweet nose and a very enjoyable, yet not complex, pour. I really enjoyed it, I'd say it's a perfect Summertime Bourbon.

Next was the Old Overholt. The nose on this at first sniff was terrible as was the taste. Didn't get this one at all. However, the more I sampled the better it became but it never became great or even really pleasant. I will let this sit and revisit at a later date.

Finally the Jamesons Gold. This was nice but I do not enjoy the ole drop of Irish like I used to. However this one was fairly complex with little flavors coming in and out between samples. I think I will enjoy this bottle.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Enthusiast
    Tonight it's WT 101 straight up in a big fat tumbler - it's a big pour and really hitting the spot.

Cheers all!
    Philip

I guess good whiskey really does tickle my pickle!