Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Guru
    Tonight, it is a Wild Turkey 101 Manhattan cocktail with heavy Angostura bitters (8-10 drops). Delicious. I am glad that bottle of Bulleit is finally gone.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Enthusiast
    Tonight it's WT Kentucky Spirit neat. The more I sample this one, the more I appreciate it. Quite a bargain IMO.

Kevin

Connoisseur
    Tonight I am finishing off a bottle of VWFRR. Excellent flavor, very much have enjoyed this bottle.
    Tomorrow I have my work buddies coming over for a BBQ and a little Bourbon tasting. I do not have an extensive bunker, and am curious as to what they will want to try. I am thinking maybe of working through Charles Cowdreys Age vs. Youth suggestion from his book. I can do it with the HH selection. Henry McKenna, Evan Williams, Elijah Craig 12 and finish with Elijah Craig 18...that might be interesting and I have the bottles for that one. Or maybe just relax and let them open a few that look good.
    Hope your all having a great weekend.
    Todd

Connoisseur
    A snifter of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve. The bottle is almost empty now and it's definitely on my list of things to buy again.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

In light of my girlfriend moving to Minnesota I have opted for whatever might make me feel better. So tonite I finished off the bottle of WT Tribute, yeah I know that sounds crazy...

Now I am working on a 32oz. Miller High Life light while I put clothes away. I need to learn my new roommates schedule cuz I feel pretty awkward when I am up pounding bourbon and beer and doing laundry when he and his girl come in and flop on the couch at 12am..... Dude, it's early what's the deal!?!?!?!?
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Guru
    This weekend my goal is to finish off a bottle of GTS Spring 2005.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski
    This weekend my goal is to finish off a bottle of GTS Spring 2005.
    Careful John, if not done in the proper moderation that can be a painful task, I know from experience!
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Taster
    having a pour of Old Weller 107...picked up the bottle yesterday for $20. it is very good so far.

Disciple
    last night it was Maker's & Coke at Showbar: Palace of Wonders, a new sideshow-themed bar in NE DC, as I watched a sword-swallowing performance. Check it out: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070601695.html

tonight it is a nightcap of WT Rare Breed as I study ConLaw & Torts
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe
    After reading Christian's post last night, I decided to go with a 2004 Eagle Rare 17 tonight. It's been a while since I visited this one, and I have forgotten how very good it is. Thanks, Christian. Any more good suggestions are welcome.

JOE
    I have an '04 ER 17 open as well. Quite nice.
    "That rug really tied the room together" -- Jeffery Lebowski