Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBoozer
    I have an '04 ER 17 open as well. Quite nice.
    I, too, love the 2004 ER17, but with every bottle I see opened, it makes me that much more reluctant to pop any of the half-dozen or so I have left -- there were only 1,050 of them in the first place! Whether as a collectible or comestible, this one ain't gonna be replaceable.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon
    I, too, love the 2004 ER17, but with every bottle I see opened, it makes me that much more reluctant to pop any of the half-dozen or so I have left -- there were only 1,050 of them in the first place! Whether as a collectible or comestible, this one ain't gonna be replaceable.
    I thought they had up'd the production of those after 2000, or was that not until this recent 2005 release?

Either way you are making me think twice about letting go of the extra I have from 2003!
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

I'm having a Buffalo Trace right now, to be followed by a Weller's Old Antique 107. Mmmmmm,,,,,,,bourbon,,,,,,,grgggllllle..........

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life
    I thought they had up'd the production of those after 2000, or was that not until this recent 2005 release?

Either way you are making me think twice about letting go of the extra I have from 2003!
    I'm speaking specifically of the 2004 issue -- there were 1,050 bottles produced. It's in a thread here somewhere, or you can extrapolate it from the info sheet that comes in a 3-pack. BT found very few suitable ER17 barrels in 2004.
    Tim

Virtuoso
    I'm having a nip of OGD 114, after a couple of earlier Manhattans. As usual, OGD 114 has its incredible spicy-sweet taste...
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Connoisseur
    well, tonight a double pour of WTKS is finding itself to suit the mood. i am trying it with a sigle ice cube tonight, just to mix it up a little. undecided on the ice cube. will have one more, neat, to make up my mind.

I'm speaking specifically of the 2004 issue -- there were 1,050 bottles produced. It's in a thread here somewhere, or you can extrapolate it from the info sheet that comes in a 3-pack. BT found very few suitable ER17 barrels in 2004.
    You know Tim, every time I ask for that piece of paper whenever I have purchased any of the AC bottlings I am told they just "throw it out with the box..." Very frustrating it is as I'd really like to read what is on there sometime! I was even going to purchase 3 bottles of Stagg from BevMo and asked specifically could I please get the box and paper that these came with so I can put them away? Nope sorry threw it out.......

I searched (and I am not good with the search function) and could not find the numbers so I am not going to worry about it. All I know is I got the 2000/2003 Saz & ER and will probably never see any of the others except for the 05 which can still be found - as well as future releases that is.

Anyway tonite a little Lot B, and then I am going to try get to bed early as I think I have slept no more than 5 hours each night since moving into this new place.

Oops had a little Pappy 20 as well.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur
    Last night was a tequila night, Cielo Anejo and Corazon Anejo, both very good. Tonight its Weller 12, thanks go out to TomH. Its the first time I've had it and I love it. I will definately have to get another bottle. I highly recommend it to any fan of the wheaters.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Connoisseur
    I was lucky enough to be able to bunker a few of them. just picked them up months ago not realizing that there were so low in production numbers.

I'm pretty much going to pick up any Antique Collection pre 2005, because they are hard to find and I like drinkin' em! Greg

So Tim, I figure you might have the answer to this, what is the lowest production # of any year Antique Bottling?

Greg
    "That rug really tied the room together" -- Jeffery Lebowski

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBoozer
    ...what is the lowest production # of any year Antique Bottling?..
    1,050, I think.
    Tim