Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

Bourbon and Loaded Baked Potatoes

I find a good combination to be a loaded baked potato, sour cream, butter, bacon, chives, cheese, the works and a nice glass of older bourbon, something with a touch of oak to be a great combination. I've used PVW 15 and WTRR 101, they were both excellent.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Enthusiast
    TimmyB, I usually find that my favorite pour tastes good with...well, a side of...errr...a big helping of...mmmm..a mess of pretty much everything!!! All kidding aside, it is nice to have favorite foods that compliment other things that we are very fond of as well!! In my profile, I mention fine dining....other than women, and cigars..what is better than booze, and food?! By the way, those were in no particular order!!

Disciple
    As an Idahoan (originally, at least), I fully endorse this proposal. Plus, I quite like loaded baked potatoes - your post reminds me that I don't have them often enough. Who'd a thought they paired well with bourbon?

Maybe it will pair well with EC18, which I find to be very woody and isn't really my favorite...
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Virtuoso
    While I'm not a big fan of sour cream, a well-prepared baked potato can be quite a treat. My granddad (mother's side, a native of west central Illinois, near the Mississippi River) always planted some potatoes whenever he had a place to plant a garden - and he was mighty proud of his spuds.
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!