Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Gentleman
    Unfortunately the brewery is the only place it is available on draught.
    That is my understanding also, but my tour was probably 2+ years ago! Actually, at that time they did have the genuine article (ie. the barrel-aged stout) available for keg purchase. It was probably the closest I ever came to purchasing a keg fridge!

So presumably, a restaurant could purchase the real-deal by the keg and resell it under their ABC license(!?)

Quote Originally Posted by MTBottle
    Scott, I have to disagree with you...

I've had it on tap a number of times at a small beer bar in Verona (a small town upstream of Pittsburgh, PA on the Allegheny River). They have about 20 taps and specialize in craft beers. The Oak Barrel Stout is not a regular offering but has been on tap there at least a few times during the last couple of years.

Mark
    Are you sure it was Dominion Oak Barrel Stout? There are a few other micro-breweries who make similar beers. The bartender at Dominion is the one who told me that it was only available there on draught. He could have been wrong.

Scott
    Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whisky is barely enough. - Mark Twain

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Gentleman
    Are you sure it was Dominion Oak Barrel Stout? There are a few other micro-breweries who make similar beers. The bartender at Dominion is the one who told me that it was only available there on draught. He could have been wrong.

Scott
    It was definitely Dominion OaK Barrel Stout. In fact, I stopped at that bar in Verona just last night and they happened to have it on tap again. DOBS is not a beer that I would confuse with something else, it's one of my favorites and one that is in my beer fridge right now.

Maybe what the bartender at Dominion was refering to has something to do with the two different processes they use to make this beer like Dan mentioned. You got the real stuff at the brewery and we're getting the imitation here in PA.

Mark