Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Bourbon in the Movies

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Yes, Rare Breed seems to be the house (basement?) Bourbon yet it's referred to as being "126 proof" so I always presumed the writers were describing Bookers but the RB bottle was a more distinctive visual aid.
    Yeh that makes sense to me.
    In one of the early episodes one of the characters says something along the lines of "bourbon? Who drinks that stuff anymore" and its made obvious that hes a scotch drinker, it seems implied that is a common oppinion at the the time, mind you the shows only 10 years old, much haw changed.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Kyjd75 View Post
    "Art" has had that Blanton's in or on his desk for all 5 years now of the show. Also saw MM displayed prominently in the first week.
    I love how a Boyd seems to have an endless supply of WT101 8yr, I wanna live in Harlan!

Taster

Re: Another public pappy push.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhalter View Post
    Saw the movie "The Internship" today. Pappy shows up in the first 5 min of the film, and again in the last min. Expect new traffic here of folks trying to find it. I am a huge bourbon fan, but nothing is worth this type of hype.

You're welcome for the alliteration in the title.
    I just saw this, on the suggestion of a friend. About a month ago I took him out and introduced him to several bourbons, some hard to find and some fairly common. The bar advertised Stitzel Weller Old Fitz, but somebody had already cleared that out. They had Pappy 15 so we said, what the heck - let's see what the hype is about. Very nice, but not worth the fuss to me. I liked many of the others we had better, and Old Weller Antique put in a very good showing, especially considering its pricing and availability.

The movie is OK but not the best from Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. However, it is some light entertainment that doesn't depart from what you would expect from them. The Pappy references are pretty limited and sort of roughly bolted on to the story line. I am almost willing to entertain the notion that they are poking fun at the Pappy hype.

Guru

A bottle of Knob Creek is prominently displayed in "August: Osage County".
    ovh

Enthusiast

On last night's episode of "Justified" (as I was enjoying some Eagle Rare), Boyd Crowder ordered "Four Fingers of Elmer T Lee", and Chief Deputy Marshall Art Mullen finally freed the bottle of Pappy he mentioned a couple of years ago from his desk drawer.
    "You Can't Buy Happiness, but you can buy Whiskey!"

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by kjbeggs View Post
    On last night's episode of "Justified" (as I was enjoying some Eagle Rare), Boyd Crowder ordered "Four Fingers of Elmer T Lee", and Chief Deputy Marshall Art Mullen finally freed the bottle of Pappy he mentioned a couple of years ago from his desk drawer.
    Technically, he didn't say "Lee".

Anyone else find it odd that he ordered 4 fingers, got barely 2... then spouted how most places are too cheap to give you a real double pour?
    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JPBoston; 02-05-2014 at 12:14.

Enthusiast

He DID just say "...Elmer TEE...". I stand corrected.
    There were some cases being moved around at one point as well. might have been 4Roses.
    "You Can't Buy Happiness, but you can buy Whiskey!"

Guru

saw Jax drinking from a bottle of "Jake Danzels" in Sons of Anarchy. I found that entertaining.....

Advanced Taster

ND OT from a notable scene in tonight's "True Detective."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virtuoso

Dem boys sure do play hard...