Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sijan
    I'm not sure if I'm remembering the right movie, but it was a major movie I saw in the past year or so, I'm thinking it may have been the latest Batman movie, where there was a bottle of Blanton's on a rich man's (Bruce Wayne's?) cocktail bar. Anyone remember what movie this was? Maybe it was Crash?
    There was a bottle of Blanton's on Christopher Plummer's bar in "The Inside Man." He was an obscenely rich/powerful bank owner so maybe this is the movie?

Apprentice
    Oh yeah, just saw "The Matador" w/ Brosnan and Kinnear and there was a blatant placement for Maker's in the first few minutes. And like all good movies featuring bourbon it was there to establish the character's excesses

Guru
    Two years old and still room for more posts rather than starting a redundant thread may be closer to our kind host's intended message, Lennart. Just another commercial announcement for our sponser, the search function.
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.

Taster
    Quite correct. Should have done a search, though most times it doesn't get me the info I want in this case it would have turned up not only the same thread name but the same reference to the Hustler - and written much better. Sorry to all for having made the thread.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Connoisseur
    How about "The Punisher"? I believe he (the punisher) drinks quite a few bottles of Wild Turkey in that movie.

Connoisseur
    Here's a really obscure one. In Under Siege 2, I think Steven Seagal makes an incendiary device out of a bottle of Old Taylor. Barely visible.

-Mike
    "This is the real article. It is double-rectified busthead from Madison County, aged in the keg. A little spoonful would do you a power of good."

-True Grit by Charles Portis

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Saw the movie "Payday" a month or so back. 1973 movie starring Rip Torn as a two-timing, hard-drinking, fighting country wester singer. Wild Turkey (usually straight out of the bottle) was his drink of choice in the car, in the studio, while fighting, in bed...

As I recollect on how the bourbons/whiskeys have been portrayed in the movies, I can't help but think that Cinema has probably done as much as anything to cause a great deal of the general publics negative opinions of our favorite drink over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe
    Wild Turkey (usually straight out of the bottle) was his drink of choice in the car, in the studio, while fighting, in bed...
    Mystic River: just before Sean Penn's character kills another character, Kevin Bacon I believe it is, he and a couple other guys get him trashed on Wild Turkey.

Gotta love that Turkey!
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Enthusiast
    I was watching "First Blood" (Stallone's 1st Rambo movie), again last night on TV. When the sheriff comes into the bar to apologize to Rambo's "mentor" he orders a shot of Wild Turkey.

Enthusiast
    Tom Hanks in Volunteers says "We have Johnny Walker, JIM BEAM and Jack Daniels....the gangs all here.