Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Bourbon in the Movies

I think it might be bonded but it's hard to see since it's an old movie on a cheap DVD however there is a bottle of Old Grand Dad in Nathan's office in the movie Horror Hotel (aka The City of the Dead). Shortly after we see a bottle of Philadelphia Blended Whiskey being used to make Barlow a rye and soda at Professor Driscoll's house.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Connoisseur

A tax striped bottle of Kentucky Tavern is on the dinner table in Poor Pretty Eddie.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Connoisseur

It's hard to tell (poor picture quality...) but I believe Mr Linden offers Mary a bit of his tax striped Old Crow to mix into her coffee in Carnival of Souls (1962).
    /\../\

Connoisseur

In Amsterdamned Martin orders a bourbon at the diving club's bar, later in the movie victim #5 is seen with a bottle of Four Roses Bourbon shortly before meeting his end.
    /\../\

Connoisseur

In the dismal Macabre a George Dickel billboard is seen as Jane is walking back to her apartment from the lingerie store, shortly after we see her blind landlord, Robert, give her a hefty pour of Four Roses Bourbon while she takes a bath.
    /\../\

Enthusiast

There is a bottle of Makers Mark in the movie Smart People with Ellen Page. It is probably a coincidence that her character in Juno jokingly asks for a Makers Mark strait up when she is talking to the future adoptive parents of her unborn child.

Connoisseur

Mirrored signs for Kentucky Derby Blue Grass Bourbon and Louisiana Belle Rye Whiskey hang on the wall in Gisella's apartent in the movie Strip Nude for your Killer. I can find these signs for sale online however that's all I can find, no mention of these being real brands...
    /\../\

Gothbat I hate to bring this up but you watch some strange movies
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Taster

On NCIS, Jethro, the lead played by mark harmon drinks Maker's Mark out of a jar.

Taster

In an episode of The Simpsons, a Texas business man comes in to Moe`s and says: "Give me a bottle of bourbon, I got a new liver to break in!"
    Thomas

Ernest Tubb himself drank "beer, whiskey-good whiskey; Jim Beam bourbon."