Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by TnSquire
    Tom Hanks in Volunteers says "We have Johnny Walker, JIM BEAM and Jack Daniels....the gangs all here.
    Great. I haven't seen that movie in years. In that movie I recall Tom Hanks also has the best orgasm in Hollywood movie history with Meg Ryan's in When Harry met Sally coming a close second.
    Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Enthusiast
    I saw Volunteers when I was in HS at the theatre. It is a stupid mindless 80s teen comedy and I love it! lol It is one of my favorite movies from that era. Hanks can also be seen taking a couple of pulls from a Jim Beam white bottle. The grimace he makes after the pull is telling.....

Virtuoso
    The "Father's Day" segment of Creepshow also features a bottle of Jim Beam white label that must be cursed (those who drink from it end up getting killed)...
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CrispyCritter
    The "Father's Day" segment of Creepshow also features a bottle of Jim Beam white label that must be cursed (those who drink from it end up getting killed)...
    When in real life all you get is diarreah.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Watching The Shining right now, Jack walks up to the empty bar and asks for a bottle of bourbon, a small glass and some ice... The imaginary barkeep obliges, with a bottle of Jack Daniels!!!

I suppose, knowing Stanley Kubrick there was some sort of reason for that.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by tachyonshuggy
    There was a bottle of Blanton's on Christopher Plummer's bar in "The Inside Man." He was an obscenely rich/powerful bank owner so maybe this is the movie?
    Yes, I think this must be it! I remember two cops talking to an older man, and I bet it was Denzel and his partner. Thanks!
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Disciple
    Just saw a midnight screening of "Cast a Deadly Spell," a 1991 HBO movie that is like a combination of The Big Sleep & Chinatown with H.P. Lovecraft & Harry Potter. The opening text explains everything: "Los Angeles, 1948. Everyone uses magic." (But not our P.I. hero.) Stars Fred Ward, and Julianne Moore has a major role. Funny movie, not great, but entertaining.

Anyhow, there is frequent bourbon drinking in the film. Most of the time you can't see the bottles clearly, but when the private investigator protagonist has a drink at the police station with his cop friend, the bottle of I.W. Harper is very clearly visible for several seconds in numerous shots during their conversation.
    Last edited by Sijan; 08-21-2006 at 11:49.
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Taster
    Deadwood, the HBO series, is loaded to the gills with whiskey. While many of the bottles have been unlabeled, several episodes have had bottles of "Old McBrayer Whiskey." A recent episode, "Amateur Night" had a bit more variety.

Early on, a pair of minor characters share a tall brown bottle of Old Weller that appears to be a current Antique 107 label cropped to remove the pictures and aging statement and with the word Antique rubbed out. I also spied Calamity Jane sleeping off a rough one with a bottle of Old McBrayer. Finally, in the gathering at the theatre, A drunk man climbs on stage with a current bottle of Bulleitt and attempts to kiss a woman singing "Jesus Loves Me". If this is product placement, it's the best kind.

Enthusiast
    Cheers,

Sion (AKA Bamber).

Guru
    Slightly off-topic here, but a couple nights ago I was watching "Law and Order -- Criminal Intent" on TV. A murder victim was about to be autopsied.

Asked whether the victim had been drinking, the doctor replied, "I haven't done a tox screen yet, but he smelled like a Kentucky bourbon barrel."

I was not pleased by that reference. I can only imagine how someone in the industry might feel.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,