Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Bourbon in the Movies

Funny how I don't see any bottles for a while and then like every other movie I watch has one, this time it was in Piņata: Survival Island. In the background of one of the scenes at the camp site, shortly after the killing starts, we can see a case that has a bottle of Wild Turkey, Johnny Walker Red, and some other unidentifiable bottle. Not sure which WT it is but it appears to be an older bottle.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

In the movie Hereafter, Matt Damon plays a gifted psychic that speaks with the dead. There is a scene where he is cooking with a young lady, and clearly on the top shelf on the back wall....Wild Turkey Rare Breed! Unmistakable, and it also had the Rare Breed Society tag still on the bottle.

I don't know if TV counts on this string, but I regularly see Woodford Reserve as Charlie Harper's regular pours in Two and a Half Men.

I also watch Justified on FX and have seen Blanton's and WT101 in the last two episodes.

Advanced Taster

Arthur seems like one big long advert for Makers Mark, i don't think i've seen such impressive product placement! There is also an empty bottle of blantons in one shot.
    The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add whiskey. By diligent effort, I learned to like it.
    -- Winston Churchill

Connoisseur

The 80's SOV horror classic Sledgehammer features a bottle of Old Crow in several shots.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Guru

I could have sworn I saw a bottle of Evan Williams SB on the latest episode of Rules of engagement. Jeff poured himself a drink from it.

I was going to check it out in high def out at my parents house but they had erased it already.

Enthusiast

A few nights ago on Craig Ferguson, Betty White was a guest, pretending to drink straight from a bottle of Wild Turkey.
    Amy

Connoisseur

Patricia gives the shaman an offering of a bottle of Jim Beam White in Firewalker. Later in the movie there are also a couple of scenes where we see Max and Leo drinking from a small bottle of Jim Beam White. At the end of the movie a bottle of Old Taylor can be seen behind the bar.
    /\../\

Taster

The wife got me to go to the movies to see Crazy Stupid Love last night. Ryan Gossling's character, who drinks old fashioneds throughout the movie, also has a bottle of Pappy 20 on his bedside table. Peaked my interest.

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

In Man Vs. Food Nation, Louisville Episode, Adam states bourbon can only be made in KY. You would think they would do a little research for a national TV show.