Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Bourbon in the Movies

Not a movie, but I was so startled I felt compelled to make my second visit today to SB.com.

Tonight's episode of the TV series, "Royal Pains", showed Hank and Evan drinking a brown liquid. One commented that Pappy Van Winkle Special Reserve is wonderful bourbon. (I'm not sure exactly what he said, because it didn't sound familiar, other than the PVW part.)

I wonder whether Julian or the good folks at Buffalo Trace had anything to do with that.
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Connoisseur

Weston, a character in Julie Darling, drinks some OGD while he contemplates the murder he's being blackmailed into committing. I think there was JB White in the movie too but I can't remember where.

I forget his name but the real estate man in Deadly Daphne's Revenge polishes off a 375 of JB White he has stashed in his desk. After he drinks the whole bottle his wife shows up announcing she is divorcing him, which causes him to pull out another, take a swig, and shoot himself in the head after she leaves.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Enthusiast

Also- great show- AMC's Mad Men- literally, there's bourbon/rye in every episode, but its rarely a name brand (stoli, however, is often recited by name- wonder how much they had to pay for that).
    Last edited by trumpstylz; 08-25-2011 at 15:19.

Connoisseur

In Slaughter High there are a few scenes where some of the characters drink from an old, green labeled bottle of Wild Turkey.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Enthusiast

A mark in Confidence gets himself a MM on the rocks from Rachel Weisz.

Enthusiast

Mad men- season 3 episode 3- Don Draper goes into a bar set up for a company party and asks for an old fashioned. The bartender says "whoever set up this bar must have been blind. No bourbon."
    So draper goes behind the bar and says "Rye okay?", fishes out a bottle of old overholt, and starts mixing up 2 old fashioneds.

Disciple

I just saw the first 25 minutes or so of a film called “kissing a fool” from 1998 this afternoon. In the garden bar of a luxurious home they had the whole bourbon heritage collection standing on the shelf. Pretty impressive indeed!

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Guru

Kings County Distillery was featured on a recent episode of Red Eye.

I have searched on you tube for a video clip but have had no luck.

Connoisseur

In a 1941 short called This is the Bowery the narrator refers to the Bowery as "the place you hocked your war medal for 3 square meals and a bottle of bourbon".
    /\../\

Virtuoso

Kind of a reach but while watching a re-run of an old NCIS while contemplating the Pappy 15 in my glass I noticed that the cold box that Kate's body was in was prominently labeled 107.