Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Re: Bourbon in the Movies

My GF brought a cringe inducing scene in 'Crazy, Stupid, Love.' to my attention in which Ryan Gosling seduces Emma Stone by making Old Fashioned's and later drinking Pappy 20 in bed.
    Last edited by DAM; 11-23-2011 at 12:58.

Disciple

In The Undefeated Colonel James Langdon, played by Rock Hudson, says to Colonel John Henry Thomas, played by John Wayne,*

"If I can find the time I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

As they share a drink.

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    I am certain there's a Clint Eastwood movie in which his character sits down at a bar and orders Wild Turkey. Anyone know which movie it is?
    That would be the Eiger Sanction. It fact there is quite a bit of WT in that movie.

Enthusiast

The movie Cookies Fortune starts out with a couple old black guys in a blues joint drinking what looks to be a wild turkey pint (older 8 year style).

He also goes into a local business to visit a friend who says "you want a drink?" and he says "No, never before Tom Brokaw."

He tells a local fish delivery girl that she smells like fish. She follows that with "you smell like turkey." at which point he pulls it out and gives her a nip.

Needless to say, Wild turkey continually more ties than that throughout the film.

Connoisseur
    Anyone catch the Pappy siting in Justified tonight? From apple pie to PVW, Justified is growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connoisseur
    However, if you did not catch or watch they poured it into coffee. Please NO!

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    However, if you did not catch or watch they poured it into coffee. Please NO!

It was pretty clearly a PVW20 from the looks of the foil and label. Very cool.

And the new season bad guy completely passed on it. Now I really don't like him.

I would have passed on the coffee - but not on the Pappy.

Rich

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    Anyone catch the Pappy siting in Justified tonight? From apple pie to PVW, Justified is growing up.

But Arlo Givens still loves his Wild Turkey, as shown on the kitchen table at Ava's house.

It was indeed Pappy 20 y/o on Justified, but when the bottle is against the light it is only half as dark as it should be. Cast must have drank it all before filming....and then they had to use prop bourbon...

Virtuoso

In the Showtime series Homeland, Brody is sitting at the bar drinking shots of "bourbon, straight bourbon," when Carrie (Claire Danes) sits down with him and remarks, "You know, I never knew the difference." Brody replies that straight bourbon is aged two years in American oak barrels. Kind of a nifty little shout out, though I would have preferred the phrase "at least two years."

I'm really enjoying the show. I'm about halfway through and have fallen in love with Claire Danes all over again. Been a sucker for her ever since My So Called Life.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--