Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Bourbon in the Movies

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    I caught the tail end of "The Punisher" the other day. At the end, when Frank Castle was about to end it all, there was a glass and a bottle of WT on the table beside him.
    I saw that also. If I'm not mistaken it looked like the rye. I bet he got the 101 the lucky sob.
    Peggy: Look Al, the rubes think I'm sexy!
    Al: So would I if I had whiskey for breakfast.

Enthusiast

Training officer John Cooper was hitting the Maker's Mark at the end of the season premiere of Southland last night....
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Connoisseur

Watched an episode of South Park last night where they dealt with asperger syndrome and the matrix movies. They used Jamison's Irish whisky as a serum that allowed them to see the truth in the world.
    Peggy: Look Al, the rubes think I'm sexy!
    Al: So would I if I had whiskey for breakfast.

Guru

In wine there is truth but in whisky comes enlightenment.

Guru

Bourbon in the Movies

in aqua vitae veritas!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Enthusiast

Hey, there was bourbon on this week's Justified -- fijate! Boyd Crowder and Harlan County's jetset talked high-end Wild Turkey product, and Art the Boss was pouring some Blanton's towards the end of the epi....
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Connoisseur

Flipping through the channels last night and happened upon a show called Storage Hunters, where they buy storage lockers that other people defaulted on. I was about to keep surfing when the guy on the show opened the armoire, and found a box of cigars and 4 bottles of whiskey, including a Bushmill's, a Midleton, and a Hirsch 28. Made me want to go buy some storage lockers. The guy on the show seemed to think he could get money for it, but as far as I understand it would be a gray-market sale. He should just drink the stuff.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    Hey, there was bourbon on this week's Justified -- fijate! Boyd Crowder and Harlan County's jetset talked high-end Wild Turkey product, and Art the Boss was pouring some Blanton's towards the end of the epi....
    Art always keeps a bottle of Blanton's in his desk. At that party Jimmy Russell got a shoutout as well.

Guru

Forgot the name of the movie but the character played by Harry Dean Stanton sits down at the bar and says," gimme a shot of Jack".

From It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
    Jim Backus demands an Old Fashioned from Mickey Rooney as Buddy Hackett holds on for dear life...