Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Bourbon in the Movies

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Forgot the name of the movie but the character played by Harry Dean Stanton sits down at the bar and says," gimme a shot of Jack".
    Harry Dean, proud Kentuckian.

Advanced Taster

In the last Justified there was a bottle of PVW and what looked like one of BT.
    Women without whiskey...
    Women without whiskey...
    Whiskey's hard to beat.
    - Drive By Truckers

Guru

I understand they use tea in those movie whisky bottles, wonder if the prop department gets to drink the real stuff.

Enthusiast

Tea is what we used in drama class in college too.

Advanced Taster

Watching Japan v Brasil in the World Baseball Classic. Game is in Fukuoka Japan. Concession stand shot shows various beers, sake, and Four Roses yellow label.

Connoisseur

In "The Master", there's a quick shot of Freddie grabbing random bottles of liquor to mix up his 'potion'. In a close-up, he grabs something I can't recall (probably a fictional brand?), but a bottle of Old Fitz can be seen right next to it.

Virtuoso

In the trailer for the Burt Wonderstone movie I think there's a scene where Steve Carrell is in the bath tub with a bottle of Blanton's in the corner of the screen.

Virtuoso

Bourbon in the Movies

Quote Originally Posted by SFS View Post
    Tea is what we used in drama class in college too.
    I did a taping for my friend's TV directing class my freshman year in college. He wrote a scene loosely based on a Bukowski short story that took place in a bar. It was basically me and my buddy sitting at a table drinking and complaining about women. Each take involved pounding a beer and taking three shots of Jack Daniels. We did three takes in a little more than an hour. No tea here, I guess the teacher was out that day...

I took the booze surprisingly well, but my scene partner woozily slurred his way through that last take and promptly lurched off stage to vomit. I was buzzed, but about 20 minutes after we wrapped, it hit me like a refrigerator and I was plastered. No vomit, I don't think, which just goes to show how welcoming my body is to booze! But 9 shots and 3 beers in an hour is generally not recommended...
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Enthusiast

I hear you. I used tea for a long solo scene out of (IIRC) a Harold Pinter play. 15 minute monologue, part of which was spent on the phone, but drinking the whole time. Never inquired as to whether real booze would have been allowed - I didn't think I could remember my lines!

Advanced Taster

This website (and this thread) has left a lasting impression on me. Every time I see a bottle of bourbon in a movie, I have to point it out to myself.

I'm watching Sling Blade right now. Doyle has his "band" over at the house and they are drinking and bsing. Doyle is loaded from drinking Double Eagle Kentucky Straight Bourbon whiskey. I tried finding some info online and found next to nothing. Can anyone share any info about this brand?