Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Another public pappy push.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBoston View Post
    Man, that Moonshiners show was really bad. I think I'm the only one here who didn't like it.

Anyway --- Watched The Dark Half last night, and the bad-guy is fond of George Dickel Black Label, pops out a bottle on several occasions.
    Nah I cant stand that crap either, about as much reality as any other "reality" TV show out there
    Anyway love this thread, always keepin an eye out for something tol add but this list is quite comprehensive, keep up the good work, ill pour a WT101 now and watch a little Justified

Virtuoso

This weeks episode of True Blood saw Sam Merlotte and a female friend drowning their sorrows with a 375 of Early Times.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by onemorepour View Post
    Nah I cant stand that crap either, about as much reality as any other "reality" TV show out there
    Anyway love this thread, always keepin an eye out for something tol add but this list is quite comprehensive, keep up the good work, ill pour a WT101 now and watch a little Justified
    Glad I'm not the only one then.

My first job in LA was post production for a reality tv show (Trading Spouses)... and I've ALWAYS hated them. But Moonshiners just insults one's intelligence with the un-reality going on. At least with TS, the show's actual concept was the bad part... there was some skill and effort put in, in an attempt to make something compelling out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mosugoji64 View Post
    This weeks episode of True Blood saw Sam Merlotte and a female friend drowning their sorrows with a 375 of Early Times.
    Ughh... as a recent victim of giving ET a try, I can actually imagine the brown vodka finish right now. Gnarly. ET's the only bottle of whiskey I've ever poured out in disgust, tried to kill some weeds with it... it even failed at that.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by JPBoston View Post
    Ughh... as a recent victim of giving ET a try, I can actually imagine the brown vodka finish right now. Gnarly. ET's the only bottle of whiskey I've ever poured out in disgust, tried to kill some weeds with it... it even failed at that.
    Well, in keeping with the reality aspect, they did have Sam wake up with a headache the next morning.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by mosugoji64 View Post
    Well, in keeping with the reality aspect, they did have Sam wake up with a headache the next morning.
    Haha, nice.

Connoisseur

In the movie "Bullet to the Head"... In the most wonderfully glorious example of product placement ever conceived in the history of cinema, Stallone walks into a bar and asks the 'tender if they carry Bulleit bourbon. Bartender says 'no'. Stallone says, "Well, I do" and pulls out a full bottle of it out of his bag/pants/I don't know where!! Then he says "Here's $20 for an empty glass". And the lovely Bulleit bottle sits on the bar for the rest of the scene, with Stallone sipping from a rocks glass.

Beautiful!!

Connoisseur

Looks like it's the 10 year, too.

Enthusiast

Re: Bourbon in the Movies

Just saw AAA10 in Ray Donovan.

Enthusiast

10 star or 10 year?

The latter would be an interesting choice as its supposedly available only in KY (and like Chicago, right?) I don't know where Ray Donovan is supposedly set. Buffalo Trace has definitely been inserting quite a few of their products in some of these HBO-type shows lately.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by suntour View Post
    10 star or 10 year?

The latter would be an interesting choice as its supposedly available only in KY (and like Chicago, right?) I don't know where Ray Donovan is supposedly set. Buffalo Trace has definitely been inserting quite a few of their products in some of these HBO-type shows lately.
    It was on a bar so didn't get a close up. The show is set in L.A. I saw Ancient Ancient Age 10 on the label.