Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Bourbon in the Movies

The movie, "In the Heat of the Night," the sheriff is drinking some bourbon. Couldn't make out the bottle but it was corked.

Guru

I just saw "Death Proof". Quentin Tarrintino's flick of the "Grindhouse" double feature.
    One scene had a group of people in a bar and they called for six shots of Wild Turkey. The bartender poured the shots and slammed the bottle on the bar and they got a full close up of the label.
    Product placement?
    Then later, after Stuntman Mike gets shot he pulls a bottle of Four Roses out of the glove box of his car and swings some down and pours some on his gun shot wound.

Not bourbon, but there was a funny scene where the bartender gives the girls a free shot, the color is green and they have trouble gulping it down.
    One of the girls asks what was that?
    The bartender hold up a bottle containing the green spirit and says, "Chartreuse! The liquor so good they named a color after it!"
    ovh

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    "Chartreuse! The liquor so good they named a color after it!"

I'll have to remember that one.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Enthusiast

Chinatown hasn't been mentioned, but in the very beginning of the movie Jack Nicohlson pulls out a bottle of (Old Crow) bourbon and gives a few snorts to the guy who's wife is cheating on him.
    The avatar is me as a little tyke.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Phischy View Post
    Chinatown hasn't been mentioned, but in the very beginning of the movie Jack Nicohlson pulls out a bottle of (Old Crow) bourbon and gives a few snorts to the guy who's wife is cheating on him.
    He drinks Jim Beam White in Easy Rider
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Connoisseur

Here's an obscure one; in the movie This Stuff'll Kill Ya (anyone seen it?) Preacher Roscoe Boone flies into a rage while in a local liquor store when he finds that they are stocking legal whiskey (which is cutting into this moonshine business) and flies into a rage smashing a tax stripped 1.75 litre bottle of Old Charter!
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Connoisseur

I am not 100% but in the beginning of the movie Shawshank Redemption when Andy is waiting outside of the place where his wife is cheating on him he takes a swig of a pint of Old Fitzgerald. Can anyone confirm this?

Virtuoso

In the movie "Out of Sight" G. Clooney and J Lo meet up in a bar and she orders a bourbon with a water back. I knew there was a reason I liked her.

The house they break into is in Oakland County, here in Michigan and also a good friend of mines "Step Dad's House". I've never been there but he's a straight laced CPA and not a very goog liar.
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Enthusiast

I beleive in the Ocean's (11 and 13) movies George Clooney's character orders and drinks Bourbon WT101 I beleive. Also TV movies "Stone Cold" Tom Selleck's character is seen drinking Bourbon.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ACDetroit View Post
    In the movie "Out of Sight" G. Clooney and J Lo meet up in a bar and she orders a bourbon with a water back. I knew there was a reason I liked her.

The house they break into is in Oakland County, here in Michigan and also a good friend of mines "Step Dad's House". I've never been there but he's a straight laced CPA and not a very goog liar.
    Of all the Elmore Leonard books that have been made into movies, "Out Of Sight" is the best adaptation.
    In all his books the cool people drink bourbon or pack a Sig Sauer, in "Out Of Sight" Karen Sisco(J-Lo) does both.
    ovh