Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Bourbon in the Movies

In the most recent episode of The Big Bang Theory, you can see an older bottle of Four Roses sitting on the shelf under the bar, right after Penny and Will Wheaton get fired from their killer ape movie.

Possibly the last show I would have expected to recognize a bourbon label in.
    "Unless it survived a tornado, weathered a snow storm in Scotland, and then spent a year on boat before returning home, I'm not really interested."

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    I expect Zimmerman's idea of tasting Bourbon is licking a barrel stave.
    Nope can't even do that ,he is a reformed alcoholic,doesn't touch the stuff,(so he says),however in the same episode he visits a distiller who specializes in making flavors, he had a bourbon flavored water one for him try. Bourbon flavored water without the alcohol, hmmm.
    Everyday my spirit seems to find its way to the bottom of a glass...... Don

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by dSculptor View Post
    Nope can't even do that ,he is a reformed alcoholic,doesn't touch the stuff,(so he says),however in the same episode he visits a distiller who specializes in making flavors, he had a bourbon flavored water one for him try. Bourbon flavored water without the alcohol, hmmm.
    I like Bourbon flavored water, when it's at least 90 proof...
    "You Can't Buy Happiness, but you can buy Whiskey!"

Guru

I agree, Bourbon does wonders toward making water safe to drink.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Enthusiast

Apparently they showed the J.R. Ewing Bourbon during an episode of the new "Dallas" series a few days ago, which kicked off flurries of Facebook hunters trying to find it.
    i saw one guy offering it for $100 a bottle, and claiming it was a Texas exclusive" (which I believe is untrue, I think it's in 7 states), and that all stores in the DFW area were sold out (which I know is an outright lie, I've seen multiple bottles on the shelf for around $25 at several stores).
    "You Can't Buy Happiness, but you can buy Whiskey!"

Connoisseur
    Just watched The Color of Money for the first time in well over a decade. Forgot that Fast Eddie is a traveling bourbon salesman... And pushes his customers to buy his cheap brand and "slip it in" more premium bottles like Old Grand Dad or Wild Turkey. He even offers to print up fake labels. Awesome.

Advanced Taster

breaking bad, season 5, episode 2: hank, his partner and his soon to be ex-boss are having whistle pig rye out of coffee mugs

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kjbeggs View Post
    Apparently they showed the J.R. Ewing Bourbon during an episode of the new "Dallas" series a few days ago, which kicked off flurries of Facebook hunters trying to find it.
    i saw one guy offering it for $100 a bottle, and claiming it was a Texas exclusive" (which I believe is untrue, I think it's in 7 states), and that all stores in the DFW area were sold out (which I know is an outright lie, I've seen multiple bottles on the shelf for around $25 at several stores).
    I'll be glad to let them know of numerous stores in NWGA that have it on the shelves if they can't find any.

Guru

Post on Facebook this is the crap that actually killed JR.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Post on Facebook this is the crap that actually killed JR.
    Absolutely not! We need to encourage this fascination with the delightful JR Ewing bourbon. Hopefully the little gnats will focus on that and leave other things alone.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum