Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Re: Bourbon in the Movies

I was watching Slingblade last night for the umpteenth time and I believe I spotted a bottle of Wild Turkey on the end table when Doyle loses it and throws everyone out of the house.
    Chris N

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I was just scanning this thread and no one mentioned this one: Kevin Costner's character in "Bull Durham" gets drunk on Jim Beam. That one, I know for a fact, was a paid product placement.

Virtuoso

Over this past weekend, they aired an episode of Space Ghost featuring Willie Nelson and Old Kentuky Shark, and I just found a video of it online:

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=20655

Seemed like it might be somewhat relevant to this thread.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gblick View Post
    Over this past weekend, they aired an episode of Space Ghost featuring Willie Nelson and Old Kentuky Shark, and I just found a video of it online:

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=20655

Seemed like it might be somewhat relevant to this thread.
    Hhmmm,.... Willie Nelson on Space Ghost,.... yeah they go together.
    You know Joel Hodgson from Mystery Science Theater 3000 did some work on Space Ghost,... Joel did have 'dem sleepy eyes.
    ovh

Virtuoso

Crack a window, will ya?

Disciple

Thought I saw a bottle of Hill & Hill on Three's Company. I know it's not a movie, but I figured that it's close. The episode when Jack and the girls are thinking of moving to a beach house. The bottle shows up in the kitchen when Larry and Mr. F are crying in their Bourbon.

Jeff Mo.

Guru

In the John Milius film Red Dawn when the boys come down from the mountains to 'get some news' Ben Johnson's character gives them a bottle of JB white to help keep 'em warm.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    In the John Milius film Red Dawn when the boys come down from the mountains to 'get some news' Ben Johnson's character gives them a bottle of JB white to help keep 'em warm.
    I love Red Dawn.

The Russians take over the country, and it's up to the _high school football team_ to retake the U S of A. If I remember correctly, the Russkies diabolically used the NRA membership rolls to seize all the weapons that could have armed the citizen militias that the 2nd Amendment sought to enable.

Wolverines!

Virtuoso

They didn't take over the country. It was just that part of it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rughi View Post
    I love Red Dawn.

The Russians take over the country, and it's up to the _high school football team_ to retake the U S of A. If I remember correctly, the Russkies diabolically used the NRA membership rolls to seize all the weapons that could have armed the citizen militias that the 2nd Amendment sought to enable.

Wolverines!
    Actually they used government records. Form 4473 must be filled out every time someone buys a firearm from a gun dealer (someone with a FFL) Federal firearm license. From Wikipedia:
    The Form 4473 contains the name, address, driver's license or identification number, National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) background check transaction number, serial number and model of the firearm, and a short federal affidavit stating that the purchaser is eligible to purchase firearms under federal law. Lying on this form is a felony and can be punished by up to five years in prison in addition to fines, even if the transaction is simply denied by the NICS.
    The dealer must keep the Form 4473 for twenty years and all records are subject to inspection by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The dealer also records all information from the form 4473 into his bound-book. A dealer must keep this log the entire time he is in business and is required to surrender the log to the ATF upon retirement from the firearms business. The ATF is allowed to request a copy of the 4473 from the dealer during the course of a criminal investigation.

It was kind of amazing John Milius, who is a member of the Board of Directors of The National Rifle Association and an avid defender of the Second Amendment, managed to get that scene past the Hollywood PC censors. In fact its kind of amazing the movie got made at all. Its just too bad he didn't have the boys drinking something beter than Jim Beam White.

I bet if "bloody" Sam Peckinpah had produced the movie he would have had them drinking WT 101. And they probably wouldn't have had to look too far for a bottle to use as a prop.