Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Novice
    This past week I Picked-up 5
    Rare Breed
    Russell's Reserve
    Booker's
    WT 101
    Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15 yrs.
    And I am having a ball tasting them all!!

Connoisseur
    Just picked up two bottles of Lot B on the way home today. I have been eyeing them for a while now, and the funds just made themself available today. Having a good time looking at them, not sure if I am ready to sample or not yet. Just had a pour of EC12 and ETL, I want a clean palate when I crack them open.

Connoisseur
    Today I went back to the liquor store (again) and I picked up some midrange stuff, Old Forrester 100 and Saz Rye, Jr. Just opened the Forrester and its not too bad.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Advanced Taster
    Today I found two bottles of Jefferson Reserve 15 yr in a store I haven't been in before. I bought them both as I know from SB posts that it's a thing of the past and apparently rather good! Haven't had this one before, but I must say it sure has a nice deep color to it! Have to wait for an appropriate relaxed moment to break it open! Tom V

Enthusiast
    Tmas, Not to spoil it for you, but in my opinion, you'll probably find alot of butterscotch...At least I usually do!

Connoisseur
    I stopped in a little liquor store here that I had been in before a couple of months ago and had just a little luck. I don't know how I missed these before, but today I picked up:

2 bottles Pappy VW 20yo
    Ezra Brooks 1 liter 90 proof,fake tax stamp, looks like 1988 on the bottom.
    I.W. Harper BIB, real tax stamp, spring 1969/fall 1974, 100 proof in a nifty silver box with plastic medallion on the outside of a gent tipping his hat.

I gave the store owner $120 for all 4, he was elated.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Advanced Taster

Butterscotch

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood
    Tmas, Not to spoil it for you, but in my opinion, you'll probably find alot of butterscotch...At least I usually do!
    Do you mean "spoil" as in when you tell someone the end of a movie, or that you didn't care for the JR 15? Actually, I love butterscotch, so this may just become a favorite of mine! Worst case scenario, I'll put it on some vanilla ice cream! Hmmm...I just may try that. Tom V

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska
    I stopped in a little liquor store here that I had been in before a couple of months ago and had just a little luck. I don't know how I missed these before, but today I picked up:

2 bottles Pappy VW 20yo
    I.W. Harper BIB, real tax stamp, spring 1969/fall 1974, 100 proof in a nifty silver box with plastic medallion on the outside of a gent tipping his hat.

Not as elated as you were, or I will eat my Salt Dogs baseball cap.
    Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska

2 bottles Pappy VW 20yo

How did some little liquor store in Nebraska get stuck (as I'm sure it felt to him) with two bottles of Pappy 20? They probably were killing his inventory cost. Isn't it nice when everybody leaves a transaction like that happy?

Connoisseur
    Chuck,

I was REALLY mystified by the Pappy being there. The liquor store has been there forever, but is one of the worst parts of the city. The other thing that had me scratching my head was the price tag on them of $65.99.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004