Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Guru
    Replenishing my stocks to replace some bottles recently finished:

OGD 114
    Noah's Mill
    Weller 107
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Taster
    Found a 1.75L of Heaven Hill 86 Proof yesterday. Haven't seen this before as it was a very dusty bottle from the mid-90's. Cost was only $16.50.

Passed on a Wild Turkey 12 year old Gold Foil, for now, because I didn't have the enough cash on me and stupid me left the credit cards at home. I'll go back and get it tomorrow. It was $55.00, which is fair.
    "Now it is time for that mellow moment"

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cowdery
    I had been under the impression that the 100 proof Old Forester was in fact BIB even though it isn't labeled that way, but I just learned that it is not. They use whiskey from different seasons to make the profile, so it's not legally a bond.

I also learned that Old Forester, unlike some other brands that offer different proofs, has a different profile for the 100 proof (now re-branded as Old Forester Signature). In other words, while most brands just dilute the same whiskey to different levels to get the different proofs, Old Forester 86 proof and Old Forester Signature (100 proof) are different whiskeys in terms of barrel selection and profile.
    I havent cracked the Forester. It is marked BIB though. Thats good info to know about the different profiles. I just thought they cut to proof down to 86. I wonder if anyone else does that?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TnSquire
    I havent cracked the Forester. It is marked BIB though. Thats good info to know about the different profiles. I just thought they cut to proof down to 86. I wonder if anyone else does that?
    I should have said the 100 proof OF is no longer BIB. I think they dropped it five or six years ago.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life
    I can tell you what I didn't purcahse because it seems to have completely disappeared around here and that is Sazerac Jr. I have been wanting to drink some and not wanting to open the only 1 I have; I searched HiTime and Bevmo who both not too long ago had an abundance of it, now, none.
    Interesting. I had hoped to acquire the Saz Jr. on my trip to Louisville. Liquor Barn had a space for it on the shelf, but the shelf was bare. Wonder what gives?

Taster
    Guys, I just bought a bottle of Saz Jr from Binny's last week that arrived Friday. Call the Whisky Hotline....

Jeff

Advanced Taster
    I just bought and tried Old Charter Proprietors Reserve for the first time. This is a definite keeper. Very nice.

bj

Guru
    Wild Turkey RR 101, 2 bottles. Just for grins added 2 ETL's.

Chris's description of the current inventory at BevMo is spot on. No Antique Collection selections, and that is a surprise.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Realized I was out of Maker's Mark, and I always like to have it around. Although, I don't go to it often, it was the first bourbon I really drank with any regularity and I continue to enjoy it very much. So, I on occasion, I just like to go back to mama.

JOE

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru
    Okay guys, due to the reports of a lack of availability of Saz Jr., I went and picked up a few to bring to the KBF. Trades of comparable value accepted. I left a few more on the shelf, so PM me as I can pick up more, if needed. I figure there is no big loss if I get stuck with it, as I really like it.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile