Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamber
    WT 12yo X 2
    WT RR 101 X 4
    Blanton CS (133.5 proof !)

I plan to keep 2 bottles of the RR for a while. The rest are to be lined up and drunk
    Just got emailed to say they cancelled my order
    Cheers,

Sion (AKA Bamber).

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska
    Running low on Weller 12yo so I went to order from Binny's. $22.99 a bottle...ouch! Never ordered from Sam's before, but I did tonight. Would much rather pay $17.99 than $22.99.
    I noticed that on the shelf at Binny's, too. It's the new bottle, I think---they're trying to push it up-market. Actually, the 12yo was probably a little under-priced but that doesn't make it any more pleasant to pay more for it.

Connoisseur
    I ordered a case of Rittenhouse Rye 100 on the same day from Binny's. I haven't received notice of shipping, are they still out?
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Advanced Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by wadewood
    Are you sure the Ancient Ancient Age was the 10 year old and not the 10 Star version? Huge difference between those 2 and I did not think the 10 year was sold much outside KY and Binny's.
    The label reads "Full Ten (10) Years Old" as pictured here:

3122.jpg

I've only seen it on the shelves this one time, it was probably a special-order item
    Last edited by darkluna; 08-31-2006 at 11:30.

Well I am in Oregon right now, getting ready to head down to Lebanon from Canby and will have to swing by the greatest liquor store I have found in this state which strangely enough resides in Albany. There I can pick up one of the greatest values going, IMO, Buffalo Trace and will be bring that back up here to Canby for a BBQ this weekend. It's only right you know to have Buffalo Trace with BBQ'd Buffalo steaks (technically Bison, but everyone calls them buffalo...). Watching them graze as I type, I'll post a picture of them later.

Why is it again that I don't live here?
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur
    Today I purchase ETL for a buddy and Evan Williams 1783 for me. I also purchased Glenfarclas 105 for me too! The seasons are starting to change and I think I'll be sampling some more Scotch. This is supposed to be a dosie so I'm looking forward to it.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Connoisseur
    15% off spirits at Sam's today!!!
    Bought Hirsch 16 yr old, Rowan's Creek and a spare bottle of Pappy 15 yr old. Probably should have bought a Pappy 20, but it would be a second spare!

Also splurged on two 30 yr old single malts: Highland Park and Bowmore.

Connoisseur
    This is what I would call a good day!
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru
    Wow! I've had no more than a sip of the 30yo HP and never the Bowmore. If you're coming to the KBF bring these to the Gazebo, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person interested in them.

Luckily bourbon never takes that long to reach perfection, but the scotches that do are wonderful.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Novice
    I stopped by the ABC store at the other end of the county that I haven't paid a visit to lately, strolled over to the WT section and lo and behold, two bottles of RR 101 10yr were sitting there!! Needless to say, I grabbed those two beauties in a heartbeat.

The 90 proof is a very fine bouron, but why WT messed with a classic like the Russel Reserve 101 is beyond me. I'll try to nurse these two bottles as long as I can.