Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Re: What bourbon did you purchase today?

Well, not today, but over the last week or so...well I actually purchased the Willett Rye over the summer, but it finally made it to my pre-bunker holding area and is on its way to the bunker shortly. Also must thank Doug for the WT No.8 that he gifted to me while I was visiting.

Other than those, there is a WT12 Gold label, a pair of ER 101 L'burg (a 79 and a 80) with the hang tags still on them, a Old Fitz 1849 8yo and a Ancient Age 86proof in the box. The AA was a fun find (and I overpaid for it) it carries the 88076 upc code-dating it to when Schenley (before they became UDV-this stumped us for a while because we couldn't figure out when UDV owned AA) owned the distillery (pre-82) and it's a 750 so 80-newer.

All in all some fun hunting in San Francisco.

2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Advanced Taster
    Casper, Wyoming

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbassdad View Post
    Did I read correctly? Has Hi Time accepted your online order to be shipped to Wyoming? They suspended out-of-state shipments, at least for a while.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    damn it all! wish i read that beforehand. I found this out the hard way. luckily, i placed my order with binnys in time for new year's.
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Damn close to the the 45th Parallel

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit 1st issue Pewter top. I guess this could go in the dusty lost Turkeys thread... I need to go back to work I think, I wasn't buying nearly as much whiskey when I was wokring 12+ hours everyday!
    Attached Images Attached Images

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Advanced Taster
    Houston, TX

I'm in NYC visiting my daughter for Christmas. Picked up a bottle of ORVW 10year.
    Mmm, dat's good!
    Pappy's Friend

Milwaukee, WI

I purchased a liter of Eagle Rare 101 and 200 mL of Old Fitzgerald Prime Bourbon (86 proof).

WT Rare Breed with 2 glasses
    Also got Jack Daniels Single Barrel as a gift for xmas. Kind of preferred it in a blind taste test against Dickel Barrel Select, but both were good. George was milder.

Issaquah, WA.

PVW 12 in Issaquah!

The State Web site showed that they now have PVW 12 Lot B at my local liquor store. I gave them a call and sure enough they did! I spoke with the manager who was a very nice guy. I went down to pick up a bottle and spoke with him for a while. He is now ordering a Case of PVW 15 as well! That will be nice to have it 30 minutes closer to home. 2007 is looking up already!
    I have never been able to find this bottle in WA. and am looking forward to giving it a try tonight.
    Last edited by T47; 12-29-2006 at 15:14.

Northern NJ

Picked up a bottle of RHF. Can't go wrong with that one, beautiful. Also a bottle of Laphroaig 10 to scratch the seaweed & peat itch I seem to have.

Purchased WL Weller from the 06 bottling and a 107 - 10 year squat of ORVW. Tremendous selection in the western Chicago 'burbs. Left many, many jewels behind. Except for WLW that is....

Spring Arbor, MI

I got a bottle of Old Grand Dad Bottled In Bond.
    I am in a lot of liquor stores because of my job and only one carrries this and they had it priced at $24.50.
    This week I saw they dropped the priced to $20.50, so I picked one up today.
    I have only had the 86 proof and I thought that was the best "low proof" bourbon I have ever had.
    I now have 6 opened bottles, which is a lot for me (PVW20, GTS, WTKS, VSOF, PJPK, KP), because of the holidays. When I get down to 2 or 3 I'll be visiting Grand Dad.