Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Geo, What size glass are we talking about? Make mine biggie sized!

Enthusiast
    I finally spotted some of the Sazerac Rye, so I picked up a couple of bottles. I also picked up one each of Buffalo Trace, WT Rye and Van Winkle Special Reserve 12yo to keep them company.
    Mike

Disciple
    I finally got a bottle of Four Roses Black Lable. It was 500 yen or so cheaper than I had seen it before, so I got it . It is much better than the Yellow Lable. I don't think it has made my "keep some on hand" list. I will drink some more of it and then make up my mind. I also got some Old Grand Dad 86 proof for a good price. I think I prefer this to the Four Roses.
    Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Enthusiast
    I saw JB black in Tesco for less than 15, so I bought 2 bottles... hardly a World beater but that is a good price for these here parts!

Cheers!
    Philip

I guess good whiskey really does tickle my pickle!

Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012
    I just got back from a week in Dublin/Columbus OH. Didn't even see a liquor store to stop at!

Dawn

Advanced Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt
    I just got back from a week in Dublin/Columbus OH. Didn't even see a liquor store to stop at!

Dawn

Well, that's one good thing about living in the NYC area. There's liquor stores all over the place with no central authority, so there's always the possibility of finding something interesting!
    Today I ran across 5 bottles of RR101 for the bizarre and attractive price of $23.71 each! Naturally, I did what I had to do, and they now rest peacefully in my bunker!
    Had some RR101 a few days ago neat and I really enjoy this WT expression! I find it has a very deep and complex nose and flavor profile. I enjoy it more than the RB I have which is the 1997 bottling with the older style label. Tom V

Guru
    I bought a bottle of WT101 to take to the beach, next week.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Guru
    Were your DN 1843s in tall thin bottles (like PVW) or short squat ones (like ORVW)? The newer ones are the latter. The tall thin ones may be pre-David Sherman.
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.

Connoisseur
    Had to spend some time in Cleveland last week and since my wife was off work (teacher) she went with me. Since it had been over 25 years since we had seen Niagara Falls I suggested we take it in over the weekend since we were only about 3 1/2 hours away. Now I totally disavow that this idea was influenced at all by Tritioch's posting about ORVW15 available in Buffalo, but I did manage to convince my wife to let me visit Buffalo for a bourbon purchase and added some ORVW15 to my stash.

Tom

Taster
    Picked up an Old Charter 12yr old (for $17.95) and a bottle of Weller Old Antique 107 (for $13.95). Is it true the OC12 isn't being made any more?