Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Novice

How much for a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel?

How much should I pay for a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel?

I've been looking in stores for a bottle fthe past few years, now I have finally found someone that is selling a bottle.

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker
    The current FRSB version goes for about $32, but it is sold in KY only. Is this someone an ebay seller or someone else that is buying it in KY and reselling it?

Novice

Question

Thanks for your reply. It is indeed an e-bay seller (which makes me anxious). As a general rule, Iím guessing, its not advisable to buy sprits on e-bay. But I donít think I will be in KY anytime soon and I am DESPERATE to try Four Roses. The e-bay seller wants about $57 for it (including shipping). Any ideas on how I might get my hands on a bottle at fair market value?
    Last edited by abills; 07-19-2006 at 21:53.

Disciple
    I got one recently when a friend visited from KY, so if you have any friends from KY, or who will be visiting KY...

Perhaps you can suggest a trade with someone from this board that lives in KY if you have anything unique or can get anything unique in your area.
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Disciple
    Is the bottle you are looking at 100 proof or 86 proof? I think the 86 proof is the Kentucky release. I saw one of those for 3,800 yen today, didn't get it though. I think the 100 proof is for the overseas market and the price you quote is about right for that release. It is a little higher than I have seen here, but not outrageously so.
    Ed
    Last edited by Edward_call_me_Ed; 07-19-2006 at 23:26.
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Connoisseur
    Hi abills, I live in SF and can probably get you a bottle of Four Roses. Send me a PM.

Robby

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward_call_me_Ed
    Is the bottle you are looking at 100 proof or 86 proof? I think the 86 proof is the Kentucky release. I saw one of those for 3,800 yen today, didn't get it though. I think the 100 proof is for the overseas market and the price you quote is about right for that release. It is a little higher than I have seen here, but not outrageously so.
    Ed
    I think you got that backwards Ed. The 100 proof is the Kentucky release and the 86 proof is the Japan release.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by BourbonJoe
    I think you got that backwards Ed. The 100 proof is the Kentucky release and the 86 proof is the Japan release.
    Joe
    Really? I had never seen the 86 before but had seen the 100 proof lots of times. Doesn't mean you aren't right.
    Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Enthusiast
    KY release is definitely 100 proof. I picked up a couple at the Sampler.
    Mike

"You're the best bourbon drinkers ever!" - Margo (waitress at Bourbon's Bistro in Louisville)

Disciple
    Agreed - the bottle my friend got me at the Liquor Barn in Lexington, KY is 100 proof.
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?