Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sijan
    Anyone seen this on shelves yet? If so, where?
    Saw it at Cork & Bottle in Covington, OH early August.

JOE

Administrator in exile
    It's at all three Liquor Barns in Lexington, though I have still only seen the 1.75L.
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    My assumption is that the distributors and retailers will push all of the old Old Forester 100 through the pipeline before they put the Signature out there, so it probably will appear at different times in different places, depending on how fast different places turn it over.

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by cowdery
    My assumption is that the distributors and retailers will push all of the old Old Forester 100 through the pipeline before they put the Signature out there, so it probably will appear at different times in different places, depending on how fast different places turn it over.
    Well, it'll be awhile in the DC area then. I'm not sure if anyone else here but me drinks the stuff.
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Re: Newly announced: Old Forester Signature

I picked up a bottle of OF Signature in Frederick Maryland this weekend for $19.99. Haven't tried it yet but I noticed that a few folks were looking for it in the DC/MD/VA area. Interestingly, I've never seen the "regular" 100 proof OF around here.

I recently bought a bottle (old label with the diamond on it) from HiTimeWine in Costa Mesa. I'm not thrilled with this bourbon, I don't see myself buying another bottle of it.

Joel
    "Oh Bother!" said Pooh as he slapped another magazine in his AK-47...

http://vinesnwines.blogspot.com

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mythrenegade View Post
    I recently bought a bottle (old label with the diamond on it) from HiTimeWine in Costa Mesa. I'm not thrilled with this bourbon, I don't see myself buying another bottle of it.

Joel
    Joel,

I agree. I held a tasting on Sunday of OF selections and the Signature didn't score very well. In fact, two participants selected the current 86 as their favorite.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Advanced Taster

I've seen the Bonded and Signature next to each other in Dallas. I didn't buy the Signature because I didn't really like the Bonded very much. I thought the Bonded had lots of flavor but needed some water to reduce the harshness. The prices were the same as I recall, $18.49 at Goody Goody. It just hit me that the Bonded might be great on the rocks. I should have tried it that way.
    Last edited by Martian; 05-08-2007 at 11:01.

Guru

This thread started on July 27, 2006.
    I looked it up because I got a bottle of Signature in KY a few weeks ago for only $15.99.
    It was "on sale" but I don't know if it was a close-out or just a regular promotion.
    I have been nipping at it for a while now and I really like it and will get another one on the next KY trip.
    My question is this, is Brown-Foreman going to keep it on the market?
    Anyone else like it?
    Is it considered a successe as far as it's sales goes?
    ovh

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Brown-Forman began in 1870 when George Garvin Brown introduced a whiskey he called Old Forrester. (The second "r" was later dropped.) The company he founded, which is still owned by his descendants, has made Old Forester ever since, even through the darkest days of bourbon's sad, long decline.

Old Forester Signature isn't going anywhere. It's actually doing pretty well, showing small but solid gains each period. It's not pricey. The last bottle I got was $27.99 for a 1.75 L. Old Forester Signature is one of your best bourbon values.