Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Beers Are You Drinking These Days?

Currently I'm drinking my staple, Stegmaier 1857. Brewed at The Lion Brewery in beautiful and historic Wilkes-Barre, PA.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joeluka View Post
    Did they have the Grand Cru or Classic on tap??? I don't know what kind of imports you get in KY, but if you like the Rodenbach's I suggest Panil Barrique, Duchesse De Bourgogne, and La Folie (New Belgium). I find that I love the Flanders Oud Bruins as much as the Flanders Red ales. Go for Liefmans Goudenband and Petrus Brown. The fact that most of these are barrel aged, giving the ales an oaky wooden flavor really does it for me. I have a bunch of these cellaring right now.

I just went a took a Grand Cru and Goudenband out of the beer bunker and put it in the fridge for tonight. I've been doing vertical of Barleywines and Imperial IPA's lately and this will be well deserved change of pace. Thanks Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No, bottles only, but your choice of 750ml or 8.45 oz (glad I just realized they were that small or I wouldn't have picked them up for they price they were charging...ouch!)

Duchesse De Bourgogne I have had, as well as Goudenband and Petrus. I consider Goudenband my "camping beer". Panil Barrique, though, I have not heard of, and alas New Belgium doesn't make it here (nor in Louisiana, either...but I can go over to Texas and pick some up from time to time.)

About cellaring these...how long do you expect to cellar this type of beer, I have never thought of cellaring them before, though I do have some others hidden away in a cool dark closet.

While we're on the subject...do you think '97 JW Lees is ready to drink at this point or past its prime?
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Last night I dranks some Andelot ABT Mystique.
    Malty and velvety smooth with notes of raisin.
    Lots of alcohol this quadrupel comes in pretty high in the ABV category.
    A pleasant surprise.
    Colonel Ed
    Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Comissioned by Paul Patton, 1999

"It ain't the booze that brings me in here, it's the solace it distills"

Taster

The prospect of store-bought is not a thrill. It's legal to brew here in Australia, and fully 95% of my beer would be homebrew!

I agree with OscarV - that (brewing) and drinking beers, ale, lagers, and stouts is a seasonal event. The hotter the weather, the lighter and colder the beer.

Here in Queensland, Australia the 'winter' weather has set in and it's nut brown ale, Brown smoked ale and Bock beer with additional malt for me. The enjoyment of stout is yet to come with the heavy winter weather still ahead.

Having said all this I had some of the Yuengling Traditional Lager when we visited family in Lexington, Virginia and that was not a bad drop.

Grolsch, Kirin, Elephant Beer, Asahi and Guinness are hard to pass as regular store-boughts and maybe it's the ex-patriot in me but I buy a six-pack of Bud in the summer when the weather is really sticky and get it to just below icing up in the bottle temperature...

and there you have it

Enthusiast

Hey Pastor, Coopers Vintage Ale is one of my all-tme favorties
    Joe

Connoisseur

The beer I most recently tried was called Famosa. it was a pretty good lager for summer, tasted great, cooled me down, and went great with the clams! I just bought it on a whim because the bottle said it was Guatemalan. I'll definitely be buying more of this but probably not until after I work through all the beer I accumulated earlier this year.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Connoisseur

These days...Saranac Black Forest...

Taster

Miller Lite

Guru

Molson Golden
    ovh

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Still working off some beer from our Cinco de Mayo party last month: Dos Equis, Tecate, Corona, Sol, and Modelo.

Cheers!

JOSE