Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RedVette
    It will depend on which terminal you fly out of. If you are on United or Lufthansa and fly out of Terminal 1 there are two very small duty free shops with little or no selection. I picked up a bottle of Rare Breed a couple of months ago for $32 no tax. If you are flying out of terminal 5 I understand that there is a bigger store but I have not flown out of there, so I cannot tell you what they have.
    Yes Terminal 5 has a bigger store, but I don't think it's bourbon selection is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Gentleman
    Did you like the WT sherry signature? I have never tried it or known someone who has.

Scott
    Bought it in Chicago duty free for $35. Didn't like it at all. Sherry just overpowers bourbon in nose and taste - don't recommend to buy it. Rare Breed is a much better deal and I believe the best Chicago Duty Free has to offer (As I remember there was also nicely priced 1L WR bottles, but I am not a big fan of it). Flew to Scotland from T1 in June.

P.S. I wish Binny's opened a specialty store in O'Hare, something like "Whisky World" in Heathrow.

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergal
    P.S. I wish Binny's opened a specialty store in O'Hare, something like "Whisky World" in Heathrow.

My estimation is that with the new restictions of airports and the TSA, I doubt a liquor store could get permission to set up shop, without having previously done so.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.