Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nashville

Advanced Taster

Nashville

Possibly visiting the TN aquarium tomorrow (Saturday 8/26). Any recommendations for liquor stores to visit while in the area? Need to find a bottle for a friend's birthday and I'm considering WLW. Need to replenish my cabinet also so the bigger the assortment the better. Thanks for any assistance.
    Tom Sangster
    Winterville, GA

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Tom: Nashville has alot of terrific liquor stores. The Frugal Macdoogal which is just south of Downtown has an excellent selection of bourbons that we can't get here in Georgia. They usually have most if not all of the BT Antique Collection, ETL, BT among others. Go to their website www.frugalmacdoogal.com for directions. There are numerous smaller stores in and around the downtown area, but unfortunately I don't know their names or what street they're on. I just know how to get there! Happy hunting!

JOE

Enthusiast
    The TN Aquarium is in Chattagooga, a two hour drive from Nashville.

Guru
    Midtown Liquors usually has a nice selection. Google for the address.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Advanced Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by TnSquire
    The TN Aquarium is in Chattagooga, a two hour drive from Nashville.
    Close enough. The aquarium is a lame attempt to justify my bourbon search.
    Tom Sangster
    Winterville, GA

Well, I won't say that Nashville is entirely picked over, because I keep finding stuff there myself. That said, I can promise you I've done a lot of 'picking over' in the Nashville area in the past 2-3 years. Conversely, I've never been in a Chattanooga liquor store, of which there seem to be several. I might, if I were you, concentrate there.
    Tim

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by tsangster
    Close enough. The aquarium is a lame attempt to justify my bourbon search.
    Well....Bowling Green, KY is just a little farther up the road then....Really good stuff there! Your built in excuse for this is the Corvette Museum!! Dang, you'll be at Bardstown's Toddy's before you know it. What the heck, Louisville Liquor Barn, here you come!!

JOE

Advanced Taster

nashville

Tom,
    I was in Chattanooga today and stopped in Riverside Wine and Spirits. Its just over the TN River, off US 27north; on the west side at the foot of the bridge. Decent selection of bourbons but not much you cant find in the Atlanta area. They did have several Pappy 20s, Weller Antiques, one Tribute at $85, several Bartons,Bernheim at $42 etc. Good selection of the Tn Whiskeys.
    Jim
    "Abstainer: A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure."
    Ambrose Bierce

Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012
    Jim.....Jim.....Jim......You left an $85 Tribute on the shelf?!?!? Oh for heaven's sake!! Go get it for me!!!!!

Dawn

Advanced Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe
    Well....Bowling Green, KY is just a little farther up the road then....Really good stuff there! Your built in excuse for this is the Corvette Museum!! Dang, you'll be at Bardstown's Toddy's before you know it. What the heck, Louisville Liquor Barn, here you come!!

JOE
    There's an idea. I imagine there are a few stingrays at the vette museum. Would rather see a car than a slimy fish any day (even if it is wearing a bowtie).
    Tom Sangster
    Winterville, GA