I finally decided to splurge and go large with the Pappy 15. Spending $50 on a bottle of bourbon was a definite sphincter clincher, since the most I'd spent prior to that was $35 on a bottle of Baker's. Got it home and had a small pour...WOW! That is some great stuff...all toffee and apples in the nose, complex taste with some vanilla and caramel bursting through the strength of the alchohol...long, warm finish. I immediately compared it with some others I had on hand. The Eagle Rare 10yr SB was green and thin comparatively speaking...definite rye spiciness that was absent from the Pappy. I then had a small amount of Weller Antique 107, which to me was an immature version of the Pappy...not nearly as complex, but some of the underlying tastes were there (vanilla and caramel). For the final comparison, I pulled out my new favorite, the 1969 Old Cabin Still. For me, I love what I get from this stuff...bananas in the nose, vanilla and orange with some oakiness in the taste, and a long, thick finish. You can tell these are of the same wheated background. The Pappy just tastes more refined and a bit more complex. The old Stitzel Weller recipe Old Cabin Still kinda knocks you over...no subtlety here. I'm definitely a fan of the Pappy...only wish it were cheaper.

Question...since it's 15 years old, that would mean it was bottled in 1990 or 1991 depending on shelf life. Is it SW, or was all of that stock gone by then?