Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

OGD 114 & PVW 20Y price points

I am going to my local PA Wine & Spirits Premium store tomorrow and thinking about buying OGD 114. How does a price of $21.99 for a 750ml bottle compare to other geographies? Also looking into splurging on some PVW 20 year, which sells for $72.99, 750 ml size.

Mostly just curious how our prices compare. I was in major sticker shock when I saw the PA wine prices after living in Oregon for many years...

I love back to school shopping!
    pabourbongal

Guru
    That's a great price for PVW 20 compared to the $104.98 minimum price ($111 more commonly seen) price in MI. We are a state control with a controlled minimum stores can charge more and for premium brands they usually do. I don't know how that compares to KY.

Virtuoso
    Your OGD price is about right vs. Chicago - while the PVW 20 is significantly cheaper. Buy them both.
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    I concur with the SR and CC, those are fine prices for those bourbons. Pennsylvania's lookin' better all the time isn't it?

Cheers!

JOE

Connoisseur
    Here in WA the OGD 114 is $24.95 and the PVW 20 is $87.60. We have State run Liquor Stores as well here.
    Todd

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe
    I concur with the SR and CC, those are fine prices for those bourbons. Pennsylvania's lookin' better all the time isn't it?

Cheers!

JOE

Yeah, you know, I really did not want to move here. But now that I've discovered bourbon and see that the PLCB's prices are decent, I might just want to stay forever! Nawwwww. But I plan to drink at a good price for however long I'm here.
    pabourbongal

Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by pabourbongal
    I am going to my local PA Wine & Spirits Premium store tomorrow and thinking about buying OGD 114. How does a price of $21.99 for a 750ml bottle compare to other geographies? Also looking into splurging on some PVW 20 year, which sells for $72.99, 750 ml size.

Mostly just curious how our prices compare. I was in major sticker shock when I saw the PA wine prices after living in Oregon for many years...

I love back to school shopping!
    PBG,

Pappy 20 was $86.95 here in OR this year, going to $90.25 next month. The whole BT Antique collection goes to $62.95 on Friday.

Looks like a good price on both to me....

Jeff

Taster
    Right across the border in South Carolina, OGD 114 goes for $22.95 and Pappy 20 goes for $79.95.

Enthusiast
    That's about what I'm used to seeing the 114 for in GA, and the Pappy's is usually $75-80.

Bob

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by contrarian
    PBG,

Pappy 20 was $86.95 here in OR this year, going to $90.25 next month. The whole BT Antique collection goes to $62.95 on Friday.

Looks like a good price on both to me....

Jeff
    Awww, Jeff, but at least you have those wonderful microbrews and great wine prices and selection. That might make up for the high bourbon prices. Say hello to Mt. Hood for me!
    pabourbongal