Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Enthusiast
    If there had to be only one...

WT 101 would be it. 101 proof works great and it is always consistent.
    Philip

I guess good whiskey really does tickle my pickle!

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambernecter
    If there had to be only one...

WT 101 would be it.
    You mean that you´re actually (gasp!) prepared to ditch Rock Hill Farms?
    Delighted to see you if you can find me!

Enthusiast
    Lol.

I think I meant that if there had to be only one everyday pour then this would be the one. BT is a mighty close 2nd but I think that WT just covers all bases and has not ever let me down. It's sweet, spicey and packs a wallop. I am amazed I didn't much care for this as a wee tyke.

I limit my consumption of RHF just so it stays super special. In fact I am getting jittery just thinking about not ever having another drop of it again!

I say this with a full bottle of RHF to hand and a glass of WT 101 8YO by my side. Life is good!

Cheers!
    Philip

I guess good whiskey really does tickle my pickle!

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    I have not given much thought to Wild Turkey 101 when I have had it in the past, but I did this last week while traveling in Columbus, OH. My hotel had it as one of their bottles, so I sat down with it for a couple of nights. Nothing very distinguishing--good or bad. Very utilitarian. Just plain, good, bourbon. Not dull mind you, but in my opinion, it has just about everything you would look for in an everydayer. And, that's why I enjoyed it so much. I will probably look to have a bottle of this in the cabinet from now on. Just to go back to, to get my baseline. It's fun to discover new, limited, and rare bourbons. But, it sure is very satisfying to discover one that you see just about every day, and never really bothered to explore.

JOE

Apprentice
    Just about done with a 1.75 L bottle. Gonna have to get another one real soon. Makes decompressing from work sooooooooooo much easier!! Good stuff!

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru
    Wow, I can't belive that a whole month has gone by on this one already. A wonderful pour. It is what I think of when I think of traditional bourbon. With all the fancy new products out there, this is still a bottling to use as a baseline for judgement.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Taster
    Okay, I am finally getting a chance to enjoy this bourbon. I can certainly understand why so many folks on this forum like it, the flavor profile is quite refreshing and nice. It seems very different than other bourbons I have tried recently. I will have to have a few more pours before I rank this among those I have tasted, but I think it is safe to say, like most folks I will have to keep a bottle in my bunker.

Re: BOTM, 9/06: Wild Turkey 101

I also try to keep this as one of my open bottles. I really enjoy all of the WT line except the 80P. I havent tried some of the top end export line. Next year I might bite the bullet and get the Freedom! oh yea.. i dont like the new WTRR at 90 as much as the 101.

Banned User

Thumbs up Re: BOTM, 9/06: Wild Turkey 101

This is my "dalily pour". When I think of bourbon, this is the standard I go by.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: BOTM, 9/06: Wild Turkey 101

Has WT101 been your daily pour for long? I can't recall when I last had a bottle of it, but I bought one recently and was surprised by how young it tastes and also a little out of balance, mainly a bit too heavy on the char. I've posted about this elsewhere but was wondering if a regular WT101 drinker like yourself has noticed any changes.