Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Banned User

Re: BOTM, 9/06: Wild Turkey 101

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Has WT101 been your daily pour for long? I can't recall when I last had a bottle of it, but I bought one recently and was surprised by how young it tastes and also a little out of balance, mainly a bit too heavy on the char. I've posted about this elsewhere but was wondering if a regular WT101 drinker like yourself has noticed any changes.

It’s been my daily pour for a few years. I’m not totally sure, but I just don’t think it's been quite as good ever since sometime last year. I thought maybe it was just me.

I wish I was better at articulating what I taste. It almost seems less…rich…if that makes any sense.

Enthusiast

I also go through quite a bit of WT 101 and also WT Rye which I prefer slightly over the former. Maybe some slight differences in the finished product, which quite honestly is to be expected considering the value that they are compared to some other whiskeys, but I've never had a bottle of either that I wasn't satisfied with.

Chris

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

If I gave the impression that I think the WT101 I have is bad or unacceptable, I did not mean to convey that. It just seems younger and a little char-heavier than I remember it.