Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Don't drink .... inhale

Don't like the taste of cheap bourbon? Don't drinlk it!! Inhale it!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15144765/
    Dale

"All I want to know is who's the player on second base?"

Connoisseur
    Wonder if you could ram it up your snout to really experience the full nose of bourbon?

Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska
    Wonder if you could ram it up your snout to really experience the full nose of bourbon?

The question was raised in my office as to what effect it would have on taste? Any thoughts?
    Dale

"All I want to know is who's the player on second base?"

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska

You ain't "whiffed" bourbon till ya nosed it over a 14,000 gallon processing tank

Back during the days when I gave "personal" tours of the bottlinghouse..I'd "sneak" my guest to the "tank room"...mind ya...this is not a room kinda place..it's a entire department, with a upper tank room a lower tank room, processing and a sugar shack...We have lingo at HH---gives you a direct reference point of where you are located...There's a tank farm (outside--behind HH) too Tanks and tanks and tanks full of spirits...

Sometimes the comes to play when I give tours

I took a good friend (SB.com) on one of these tours...Sneaked him right in...up the stairs and down the stairs to the lower tank room...To kinda give a reference how big these tanks are?...You could probably fit a couple of small cars in them To inspect the contents inside there are "cat walks" almost two stories off the ground around each of them---When you turn the valve it blows air thru the lines for a accurate reading...and it builds a little pressure too ...I lifted the lid and asked my buddy to take a whiff He did, and Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...I thought he was gonna pass out! Good thing he didn't...I don't think I could have caught him

He said---along with a few choice *#@(&%!* ---cleared his sinuses instantly

I remember the first time they did that to me Yep, the fumes threw me back but the "nearly passed out" came from hitting the back of my head on one of the low pipes...Good grief It wasn't funny till the "goose egg" stop hurting

Memorable times that last a lifetime

Bettye Jo
    Last edited by boone; 10-06-2006 at 20:23.
    Colonel Bettye Jo Boone
    Industrial Maintenance
    Technician/Journeyperson
    Heaven Hill Distilleries
    Bardstown, Kentucky

Connoisseur
    Has anyone tried an AWOL device? I've really been wanting to give it a shot for a while now but I don't have a bar by me that has one and I'm not gonna spend $300 on something Iíll probably use once. It does look like a stupid idea since it sounds like you only enjoy the effect of the spirit and not the taste of it. I had asthma when I was younger and occasionally used a nebulizer, these look like they do the exact same thing. Maybe I should dig it out and load the medicine chamber up with some liquor?
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Connoisseur
    Back in the old days, I had many experience with ultra-sonic nebulizers. I'm assuming this along that same line. It would be a wasted experience, unless you were just wanting to find a way to abuse drugs. This has nothing to do with enjoying, it has everything to do with making money.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Guru
    So what's next? The Home Bourbon Enema Kit? A bottle of bourbon, Anal Spirit Injector, and custom made Pepcycle Original Bardstown Gold Plated Brisket Plug?
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.

Virtuoso
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8erdane
    So what's next? The Home Bourbon Enema Kit?
    Dane,
    I can never tell when you're not joking, but this really was practiced by the Mayans in antiquity. A "Secrets of the Past" type of show I saw a while back told that they would get very, very drunk on their fermented drinks (which I guess would be similar to pulque) past the point of throwing up, so they would use something similar to a frat boy's beer bong to keep ingesting more alcohol from the other end. I'm not sure if this was at parties or religious ceremonies, common or rare, but scenes showing the "beer enema" are carved into some of their bas reliefs.

And we thought the Mayans were just cerebral stargazers and mathematicians until the last 20 year or so.

Roger

Advanced Taster
    This totally changes my perception of the Mayans!
    Mmm, dat's good!
    Pappy's Friend

Guru

Exclamation

Back in the 70's, some very far out junkies "mainlined" vodka, injecting it into their blood vessels like an IV in a hospital. I believe that was Janis Joplin's fatal OD.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur