Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Advanced Taster
    I came by to increase my knowledge of bourbon and now I'm in the middle of college again. Happy Anniversary.

bj

Guru
    There is no other website ( save for Philadelphia Eagles.com) that I vivsit with more expectation. Thank You!
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Enthusiast
    Happy Anniversary SB.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one question- Which came first, SB.com or the Gazebo gathering at the KBF & KBS????
    Joe

Bourbonian of the Year 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeluka
    Happy Anniversary SB.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one question- Which came first, SB.com or the Gazebo gathering at the KBF & KBS????

StraightBourbon.com!

The gazebo events have always been gatherings of StraightBourbon.com members.
    ____ ____
    Barrel_Proof

Administrator in exile
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Over the last 4 years, Straightbourbon.com has become an important part of my life. At first I was simply in search of good information on my favorite spirit, but soon I found myself comming back not for the bourbon, but for the companionship of all the fine members of this site. Over the years you all have made me feel at home and I appreciate you all for that. A while back Jim Butler promoted me from user to moderator to Administrator, and I truely appreciate his confidence in me. The pay is a little low, but the fringe benefits make up for it over and over. When I first registered my membership, Straightbourbon.com had only a few hundred members. Now, we are fast approaching 2000. Our membership extends far beyond bourbon country to all parts of the world. That is a testiment not only to the drink, but to our members who welcome all newcomers as friends. I know that there are some of you I will never meet, but please know that I consider you all family. Thanks again to Jim Butler for giving us this home in cyberspace, and thanks to everyone for being so kind to me and Leslie.

Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

The Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillman
    The calendar states it is the 7th anniversary of the Forum.

Happy Anniversary to the greatest bourbon forum ever.

Thanks to Jim and Dave for all they do!

Gary
    In all honesty folks, I have no idea how I missed this thread. Well OK, I was off on a hunting trip, so I have some idea.

Thank you all for the kind words, and a special thanks to those members whose contributions to the site frequently go unnoticed but are fundamental. I won't name people off here because I fear I will forget someone, but I think y'all know who I'm talking about.

It's been a fun ride has it not? Stay tuned people, because it's just going to get more interesting. Next September marks the tenth anniversary of Straightbourbon.com itself, and as such, the 2007 KYBF is certain to be a special celebration.
    Jim Butler
    Straightbourbon.com

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014
    What a fantastic milestone.
    The BEST site on the web for everything bourbon, and the nicest group of people you're likely to meet on or off the web!!!
    As always, thanks to Jim and Jeff for all their hard work

Novice

Talking Just joined

Happy Anniversary!!!

Advanced Taster
    This is truly an awesome site - a must for every bourbon enthusiast. I was introduced to bourbon late summer of 2005. My nephew joined this forum last fall. I should have joined then as well - I've been very impressed!
    Mmm, dat's good!
    Pappy's Friend

Yeah I know I saw this a while back, but apparently didn't say anything, so.... Happy Anniversary!

Jim, it was a pleasure to meet you this past summer as well as a few of the regulars, Cliff, Randy, Gary, Wade, etc. and as I expected (and has been said here) this is a group of the friendliest and most generous people you're likely to meet anywhere. And I am not just getting all sappy, or mushy when I say my life has been enriched some since finding this site!

CHEERS!

And yeah, I think I'll be there next year (FINALLY!) to help in that special celebration..... here's looking forward to KYBF 2007 ... But a word of warning, I may never leave Kentucky once I've learned to love it, and that shouldn't take long.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"