Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bourbon prices

Enthusiast
    Sometimes I feel awefully bad about the prices some of you have to pay for spirits in your area. The stores in central Mass have an excellent selection of spirits. Prices are generally 5 - 15 percent than what I've observed on this forum.

If I drive to New Hampshire the selection of whiskey is more limited but still pretty good. Here you can routinely get products on sale for half of what I've
    seen here. Their regular prices are generally lower priced than Mass.

The more popular brands can be had for a steal. Wild Turkey, one of my favorites, routinely can be had for $14.99 750 ml.

Interestingly, New Hampshire is the controlled state and they usually have the better deals.

Connoisseur
    I am going to be travelling to NH soon, and I amwondering if there is a link to the NH website for liquor. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Enthusiast
    Yes, www.nh.gov

Then click on shop nh, then nh liquor commision, very easy.

Chris

Disciple
    You can type in a search for TTB and get the Tax and Trade Bureau (formerly the ATF) website. Click on distilled spirits and a menu comes to the right with a list of alcohol control boards for all 50 states. I have found this to be the quickest way to get to any of the states sites with out searching through a long list of junk sites. All of the control states are listed in parentheses!

Thomas

Guru

Thumbs up

Excellent info, Thomas. Thanks.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer
    Excellent info, Thomas. Thanks.

Tim
    Agreed. I have part of the TTB website bookmarked, I should have looked through the rest.

Novice

Maryland

Maryland prices really run the gammut of super cheap to ridiculously expensive depending on the store. But I will mention that if anyone is ever in the Wash. D.C. area you should check into the Montgomery County Maryland liquor stores... Montgomery County borders DC on the northwest and they have a dept. of liquor control.

This month you can get the following bourbons on special in Montgomery County:

WTRB - 23.99
    ETL - 16.99
    Booker's - 34.99
    Baker's - 26.99

Among others....

Here's a website for them: http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/Ap...s_specials.cfm

The everyday prices at these stores are great. In DC itself I've not yet found very good pricing on liquor, but haven't spent a lot of time looking there.

My wife is from NH and, as others have already mentioned, they have great prices as well. I got an Eagle Rare SB there for 20 bucks recently.

Also, I owe thanks to Stoopsie and Jspero for telling me about the Montgomery County stores!

-Brian
    Last edited by Briscott99; 11-12-2006 at 16:55.