Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Connoisseur

Weller 12 for Seattle Area

If any of you Seattle area folks are interested. I am headed to Spokane to visit my son this weekend. They have a store there that has Weller 12 and it appears to be the only one in the State to have it right now. It is $20.25. I have never had this so I am picking up a couple, if any of you want some I would be glad to pick up bottles for you as well.
    Just let me know, we are leaving Sat morning.

Todd

Connoisseur
    It's a great bottling Todd. I think you'll really like it. In my opinion it's your best bang for the buck.

Drink well.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Connoisseur

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyBoston
    It's a great bottling Todd. I think you'll really like it. In my opinion it's your best bang for the buck.

Drink well.
    Tim, how do you rate it against Centennial? I know we are comparing 2 different kinds of apples - one is BIB/100 Proof while WLW12 is 90 (if I am correct). I have had both and am interested in the perceptions and opinions of others in this particular regard. After all is said and done though, I find it real hard to pass up at around $21 as opposed to Centennial being $34+ in my locale.
    "All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me".....Winston Churchill

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ProofPositive
    Tim, how do you rate it against Centennial?
    FWIW, I like the Centennial slightly more than the 12yo. Somehow it just strikes the right flavor profile / ABV level for me.

Both are verry good pours.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski
    FWIW, I like the Centennial slightly more than the 12yo. Somehow it just strikes the right flavor profile / ABV level for me.

Both are verry good pours.
    Thanks John.....same here. Just something about the taste profile strikes me better also. Hard to put my finger on it and I am no expert at describing a taste. Centennial is just more refined, well-rounded to my palate. That being said though, WLW 12 is the best bourbon value for the buck by far on the shelf today. I've found one local who has it for $19.99 plus tax. Hard for me to believe sometimes!
    Last edited by ProofPositive; 10-01-2006 at 23:32.
    "All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me".....Winston Churchill