Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska
    Hey Tim,

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking they don't have the AAA 10year old in the Windy City.
    FIRST, to MikeDS: a big welcome to this board. You'll find a wealth of information here as well as the nicest guys and gals anywhere - very understanding and forgiving. I don't know of a member here who is not always willing to advise and help you along in our journey together.

SECOND, I am beginning to think there is no AAA 10YO left anywhere but KY.....at least that has been my experience to date.
    "All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me".....Winston Churchill

Novice

AAA 10 year old at Binny's

Hey Tim,

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking they don't have the AAA 10year old in the Windy City.
    Pick up a bottle of AAA 10 year old at Binny's last month and just check their web site and it is listed there.
    Gordon

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Hey Tim,

Binny's on Clark usually has it.

Connoisseur
    I stand very corrected
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Taster
    Had a busy weekend folks, didn't get to post. Sorry about that. I believe I'll be taking a lunch time trip to Binny's in Highland Park!

So for the Rittenhouse Rye. I'm guessing BIB means "bottled in bond" but I don't really know what that indicates. How is that different from the 80 proof?

Thanks!

Connoisseur
    It's 100 Proof and six years old, the 80 is four years old I believe.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Enthusiast
    I've side-by-side compared the 80 proof and 100 proof Rittenhouse expressions and the BIB is definitely a different and better whiskey, although the 80 proof is not bad at all.

Taster
    Sooo I made another lunch trip. This time to Binny's. I snagged a bottle of the Rittenhouse Rye but they didn't have the AAA 10yr old. I'm guessing there's a difference between the AAA 10 year old and the AAA 10 star? The plastic jug wasn't something that looked too enticing...

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator
    I'm guessing BIB means "bottled in bond" but I don't really know what that indicates.
    The definition by rote is a pretty dry exercise. Basically it was the good housekeeping seal from the BATF and always 100 proof.

Welcome here.
    ___Bobby Cox___

May you have wonderful things thought of to do...

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator
    I guess by definition some of my previous post misses it a bit.
    I still think it means a quality product but the writer here doesn't think it always does.
    ___Bobby Cox___

May you have wonderful things thought of to do...