Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Hi all

Novice

Hi all

I've just signed up as im looking for a nice bourbone as i go to america on sataurday. I got a bottle of george T Stagg 2004 last time and really liked it. Im looking for a simalar drink again, strong but smooth with a long lasting taste. Bit of kick to it

I was thinking of just getting the same again but thought id enquire about if there was any other's that anyone could reccomend

Cheers

Ian

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker
    George T Stagg is bottled once or twice a year. Each bottling is unique, but they have all been excellent. I would suggest finding one of the 2005 bottlings to compare to your 2004.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Hi Ian. Where in America are you going? Where you go, will influence what you may be able to get. Welcome!

JOE

Connoisseur
    You could try to find Willaim Larue Weller, from Buffalo Trace's Antique Collection, (same collection that Stagg comes from and the bottles are very similar) It's well aged and has a high proof, not as high as the Stagg's but it's got some kick. I think you'll like it. But getting another vintage of the Stagg won't be a let down either. Also if you're looking for something a bit pricier, if you can find some Wild Turkey Tribute, it's absolutely fantastic.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you have a great trip here. And after your trip I hope continue to check up one things here. It's a pretty good forum.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Connoisseur
    I think I know where you can pick up a bottle or 15 of W.L. Weller antique collection.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Connoisseur
    Whoops...forgot to say,... Pappy 15 would be a nice choice.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe
    Hi Ian. Where in America are you going? Where you go, will influence what you may be able to get. Welcome!

JOE
    Pittsbourough, Pensilvania

Cant get George T Stagg

Any other ideas?

And i will be using these forums, I do like my bourbon. Have to have a look what we can get over here actyually, I know a obscure winery beer place that gets all kinds of mad stuff. Be able see if there any good before splashing out on them

Thanks for the welcome
    Last edited by i_wheeldon; 09-20-2006 at 15:32.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska
    Whoops...forgot to say,... Pappy 15 would be a nice choice.
    I second the vote....
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Novice
    Well, i ended up with a 1.75Litre bottle of Wild Turkry 101 and am just about to crack it open......... And.......

It's good. Prefer the George T Stagg but apparently its not allowed in the state haha. George T although stronger, was smoother to drink i think

Connoisseur
    I can't even begin to find the right words to respond. Although I will say WT 101 was an interesting choice, not what I would have guessed you ending up with, but interesting.
    Mark/Nebraska