Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Taster
    i really dont think OGD BIB has been discontinued, its all over the place here in wyoming, and nothing is all over the place here. exept mountains and sage brush!

Quote Originally Posted by SBOmarc
    Haven't been able to find it for quite some years, the point may be moot.
    Your kidding me right? Have you been in a Bevmo lately? It's just about every where I go... I don't think this one is going anyway!

But about that Weller 12...... Good grief that is one butt ugly new bottle!!! What the F were they thinking!?!?! If I ever buy one it's most likely going into an older bottle and that thing is getting beaten over a coworker's head until it breaks.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur
    Not discountinued, but the point of this thread was...I wonder if marketing will take this and others like it out of the picture. Either completly discontinued, or diluted and reintroduced at a higher price, or just plain reintroduced with a different name and the price raised.

Weller 12yo new bottle/new price
    Russell's Reserve new bottle/new proof/new price
    Eagle Rare new bottle/new proof/new price (or you could say just completely discontinued and replaced with)
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Advanced Taster
    kinda like old forester, recently and old crow a long time ago. beam has been hanging on to old gran dad for quite a while, lets hope nothing changes!
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska
    Not discountinued, but the point of this thread was...I wonder if marketing will take this and others like it out of the picture. Either completly discontinued, or diluted and reintroduced at a higher price, or just plain reintroduced with a different name and the price raised.

Weller 12yo new bottle/new price
    Russell's Reserve new bottle/new proof/new price
    Eagle Rare new bottle/new proof/new price (or you could say just completely discontinued and replaced with)
    I've often worried about that as to OGD 114. I don't know whether to be happy about the relative "bust" of BH for keeping the mashbill's profile down or fear that the "bust" will give Beam a reason to pull the mashbill, or at least be reluctant to try anything like an older 114. I'm sure the OGD line is profitable as is, and I guess we should just hope it stays a little under their radar. And in our bunkers.

I worry about the OC 12 too. As it appears that age = inventory tax, it's not surprising that a 12 year at under $20 is an anomaly in the market.

Bob

Enthusiast
    When someone asks me what (less-expensive) bourbons to start with, I tell them OGD BIB and Weller 107. One rye, one wheat, both higher-proof in the classical sense, both expressive.

In my glass right now is a ND-era (late '80s) OGD BIB. Beautiful, supple leather and spice (more leather and spice than a lot of current-era straight ryes), with just a lingering dark-honeyness to tell you it's bourbon and not rye.
    Jake Parrott
    Ledroit Brands, LLC