Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gothbat
    I just had a small taste of Rock Hill Farms from the only bottle I have ever owned. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised to find that it did not taste odd this time but rather quite good. Perhaps I shall investigate further this weekend.
    Phew!

"Rather quite good" is praise indeed from you Mr. Gothbat... I got back to my last couple of slugs of RHF last night and found that my sister had nicked some and watered it down, hoping I wouldn't notice. I did, needless to say.

Oh well no harm done - a JB black tonight followed by a small Booker's that really is just the ticket.

Maybe one more for Elvis?
    Philip

I guess good whiskey really does tickle my pickle!

Connoisseur
    I got back to my last couple of slugs of RHF last night and found that my sister had nicked some and watered it down, hoping I wouldn't notice. I did, needless to say.

I'm pretty sure there are laws against this. If there aren't, there should be. Buy her a bottle for her birthday. I don't care if she is 12. Buy her a bottle and tell her adding water to the bottle is a death warrant.

I have nightmares when I read stuff like this. I know 12 or 13 years down the road I'm going to be dealing with the same stuff!
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Novice

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th finds me with new bottles of Rock Hill SB and Old Grand-dad 114. Both bourbons are new for me as a taster, and both could not be more different from one another... my first impressions: I love the aggressiveness of OGD 114, super spicy, medium hot , vanilla, wow! This bourbon is quite different from anything in my collection. I drank the first half neat and then added some water and I find some subtle fruity flavors coming out now.

The Rock Hill by comparison has a much fruitier (and less spicy) nose... perhaps this bourbon is more refined or maybe it's just the decanter bottle that's throwing me. It's not nearly as hot as OGD and the mouth not quite as spicy. Caramel, some citrus. This strikes me as a sophisticated bourbon, an easy drinker.

After trying both of these my stomach is warm and my head just beginning to swim slightly. I'm happy with both of these additions to my collection... I'm not in the least disappointed with either. Win Win!

Let's just keep it a secret from my wife that I picked up an other two bottles today.
    She claims the other 7 bottles I currently have are enough.
    Pish Posh!

Enthusiast
    Weller 7 yr 90. On sale at my local emporium for $14.99. This is a darn good $15 pour, and it would be a good $20 pour and it might even be a good $25 pour. I love a bargain.

Guru

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Briscott99

Let's just keep it a secret from my wife that I picked up an other two bottles today.
    She claims the other 7 bottles I currently have are enough.
    Pish Posh!
    That's what they all say.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Connoisseur
    I'm going on the cheap tonight, Heaven Hill 10, Evan Williams 1783, and next will be AAA 10 YO. Three bottles that add up to less than $40. Not too much depth but the nose hasn't disappointed yet. However, each have required a good bit of warmth in the glass to make the nose come out.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Connoisseur
    I am enjoying my first pour of Eagle Rare 10yr SB tonight. I like it enough to drink it, not sure if I will buy again at the price yet though.

Advanced Taster
    Pappy 15 tonight, one of my top fav's.......

Advanced Taster
    Black Maple Hill 14 year tonight.
    Mmm, dat's good!
    Pappy's Friend

Taster
    I've been debating this evening which bottle to break open when I get off work, which will be shortly. Though I have half a dozen open bottles I'm working on at the present, I can't bring myself to the point of letting them get too low or polishing any of them off...at least not tonight. So a new bottle goes in rotation when I get home. I'm thinking either a BT or ETL, something I can replace and haven't had in awhile.

BT it is.
    "Now it is time for that mellow moment"