Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Guru
    Continuing to sip GTS Fall '05.

I need to find more.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Virtuoso
    First a pour of Sazerac Jr., followed by Old Fitzgerald BIB.
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Apprentice
    [QUOTE=barturtle]This may be one of the first references to drinking OC 8yo that I know of.

Unfortunatley I have not been able to find other OC offerings. I picked it up, like you, just to try it.

Virtuoso
    Quote Originally Posted by barturtle
    This may be one of the first references to drinking OC 8yo that I know of. I am currently using a bottle as my cooking whiskey...
    Some of us not only drank Old Charter 8yo, but one-upped it with an example of Old Charter 7yo that came from....YOU!

Check out this link

Roger

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru
    Doh!! What was I thinking trading a bottle of that wonderful elixir? But, I digress, that bonded whiskey is a heck of a leap in quality over the 8yo 80 proof stuff you get today. My OC 8yo was bought specifically as a cooking whiskey, as my bottle of Old Crow had been emptied, and the OC 8 was the cheapest thing on the shelf...unless you count store brands as actually existing.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Advanced Taster
    Friday the 13th was indeed a lucky day for me. I had a pour of Black Maple Hill 14-year, followed by some EC18, and a little Booker's to top it off!
    Mmm, dat's good!
    Pappy's Friend

Connoisseur
    Some Rock Hill Farms, the other night was a fluke, itís not bad but still tastes odd as ever.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Connoisseur
    Trying to force down some Old forester BIB 1979. ok...maybe not force down. Was forced to buy 2 bottles at the time. Bastards.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Connoisseur

Lightbulb

Although I am not supposed to be consuming anything right now after being on antibiotics for a week, I consulted the good Dr. Van Winkle a short while ago about the situation. Dr. Pappy suggested some of his homemade 15/107 elixir could only reinforce the pharmaceutical medications. So, I have followed the good doctor's orders. After only a sip or two, I am feeling much better!
    "All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me".....Winston Churchill

Guru
    You know, whether it's a teenage daughter or grown up sister I'd think you could make your point by adding water to whatever they normally drink and ask them if they can tell the difference. Make sure it's sufficient that they can't deny it and then give them that "see, I will know" look.

BTW, watching footgall today is cause for a pour of Stagg, and it's time I took up that worthy cause....but which one?????? Oh well, whichever has the most in the bottle I guess.....
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.