Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by ProofPositive
    Although I am not supposed to be consuming anything right now after being on antibiotics for a week, I consulted the good Dr. Van Winkle a short while ago about the situation. Dr. Pappy suggested some of his homemade 15/107 elixir could only reinforce the pharmaceutical medications. So, I have followed the good doctor's orders. After only a sip or two, I am feeling much better!
    He's a wise one, that Dr. Pappy!
    Mmm, dat's good!
    Pappy's Friend

Guru
    This weeekend I opened my Old Bardstown Estate Bottled 10 year old 101 proof.
    It's not bad. corn husk nose. vanilla and a little spice burn taste. dry short finish.
    after a couple neat, I then load it up with crushed ice and way I go.

Connoisseur
    Despite the reassurance of a few helpful members on this forum I still worry that maybe something went wrong with my home-made wine. So, purely in the interest of my health, Iím drinking some WT101 to kill any organisms that may now be living in my stomach.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Apprentice
    My standard answer to people who say they are not feeling well is "You are not drinking enough bourbon."

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe
    ...the Four Roses continues to amaze me. There is so much to this whiskey,...

JOE
    Agreed. We can all be very glad Jim Rutledge convinced the Japanese that they should sell some of it here. While not my absolute favorite, I am always glad when I have a bottle on my shelf.
    Greg Kitzmiller

Apprentice
    Picked up a bottle of Rebel Yell for 12 bucks here in Minnesota. First time I've seen this brand at the liquor store. Not bad......

Guru
    "Fricky" and I had a pour of Michter's 101 from 1979, Michter's 86 from 1976, Four Roses Small Batch and a Pappy 23 today after snooping around the old Michter's Distillery in Schaefferstown PA.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Taster
    As far as bourbon goes, I love the Vintage 17 YO right now to drink neat. I prefer the Old Weller 12 YO to mix. I have been drinking a lot of Rye. I just finished off a bottle of Rittenhouse BIB and several bottles of the Sazerac Jr. I just bought a bottle of Bernheim wheat tonight and I am sipping on it now. I can't wait for the new BT 2006 Antique Collection to hit later this week or early next week. The new Thomas Handy and Stagg are supposed to be the best of the best.

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso
    Going slightly old school tonight. RHF BIB ......bottled in '96. Its not listed as a BIB any more. Slightly richer than current RHF. I like RHF old and new. A higher proof version of the discontinued Benchmark Single Barrel. The two clearly have a family relationship.

Randy

Connoisseur
    Going slightly old school tonight. RHF BIB ......bottled in '96
    Didn't know there was such an animal. I learn a half dozen new things or so every day here.

I went to reach for a pour this evening, I looked at several, it cold and drizzling outside, I just had Stagg the other night, so...Wild Turkey Rye sounded kind of back down to earth. Nothing fancy, just a comfortable pour at comfortable price.

Of course then you have to add in sales tax, state tax, city tax, federal tax which screws the whole thing up
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004