Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Question Where to Get Bourbon in D.C./Maryland/Virginia

Hello All,

I'm fairly new to this site, although not entirely new to bourbon drinking. I recently moved to the Washington D.C. area from the West Coast and I am trying to find good stores to pick up bourbon. Any suggestions?

I currently shop at Corridor Wine in Laurel, MD and they have a decent selection, but I'm looking for other places/bottles... Pappy Van Winkle, WL Weller, Buffalo Trace, Rock Hill, etc.

Thanks,
    B. Scott

Advanced Taster

I live in Laurel

I shop at Corridor also. But mostly I do my bourbon business at the Mongomery Counrty Liquor store in Burtonsville. At the corner of routes 198 and 29 in the Burtonsville plaza. Speak to the manager there, George, he is very knowledgable in bourbon and rye. They do have spectacular sales every once in a while and the sale items change every Wednesday. Website is: http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/Ap...s_specials.cfm

Rock Hill I find at the Laurel shopping center on Rt 1. It has been $29.99 for a couple of years now.

Welcome by the way.

Howie
    Some people see the glass as half empty, others half full,I prefer to drink straight from the bottle

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopsie
    I shop at Corridor also. But mostly I do my bourbon business at the Mongomery Counrty Liquor store in Burtonsville. At the corner of routes 198 and 29 in the Burtonsville plaza. Speak to the manager there, George, he is very knowledgable in bourbon and rye. They do have spectacular sales every once in a while and the sale items change every Wednesday. Website is: http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/Ap...s_specials.cfm

Rock Hill I find at the Laurel shopping center on Rt 1. It has been $29.99 for a couple of years now.

Welcome by the way.

Howie
    Dang, Howie! $29.99 for RHF! I'm Hulk-Green with envy!!

JOE

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopsie

Welcome by the way.

Howie
    Hey Thanks Howie,

Good advice... I've not yet made it to the Montgomery County liquor stores but did find the one in Laurel and got a bottle o' Rock Hill SB. Super good stuff! Seems like that store has almost all of their bourbon prices slightly lower than Corridor.

Thanks again,

Brian

Advanced Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by Briscott99
    Hey Thanks Howie,

Good advice... I've not yet made it to the Montgomery County liquor stores but did find the one in Laurel and got a bottle o' Rock Hill SB. Super good stuff! Seems like that store has almost all of their bourbon prices slightly lower than Corridor.

Thanks again,

Brian

Brian,

Howie is right about that Montgomery County store. I do a lot of my shopping in over there. They have great prices and George is a great guy to deal with. Make the trip if the chance. I will caution you that other stores will all seem expensive once you've been there.

Welcome aboard.

Jay
    Saturday night I was downtown
    Working for the FBI
    Sitting in a nest of bad men
    Whisky bottles piling high
    - The Hollies

Novice

Finally made it to the Mo. Co. Stores

Hey guys... thanks for the tip on the Mo. Co. store... checked it out today. Great selection.... much broader (and cheaper) than anywhere I've been yet.

The specials are excellent...

-Brian

Novice
    There's a shop on M St between 22nd and New Hampshire in DC that I can't remember the name of right now. They always have a decent sample of the Van Winkles and some other good stuff. Their prices arn't bad either. They have few guys that seem pretty knowledgable too.

Paul