Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Empty Bottles Support Group

We all know how hard it is to finish a bottle of whiskey, especially one that cannot be easily replaced. It's hard, but it's part of life.

We're here for you. We feel your pain. Welcome to the Empty Bottles Support Group.

This thread is for saying goodbye to special friends as they become empty vessels, a fate that awaits us all.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    For me tonight, Bernheim Original Straight Wheat Whiskey.

I liked it, didn't love it, but it's hard to say goodbye because I don't know when I'll see another bottle. Has anyone bought this more than once?

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by cowdery
    We all know how hard it is to finish a bottle of whiskey, especially one that cannot be easily replaced. It's hard, but it's part of life.

We're here for you. We feel your pain. Welcome to the Empty Bottles Support Group.

This thread is for saying goodbye to special friends as they become empty vessels, a fate that awaits us all.
    Chuck,

Itís hard to finish a bottle that canít be replaced. However I try to save old bottles and when I lock at the empty bottle I do remember the taste and that is actually some kind of a relief to me.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Advanced Taster
    Did you like the Berhneim good enough to buy another bottle if you see it? It's around a $50 bottle isn't it? Hard for me to buy more than one at that price, if I only "like it, not love it".
    Chris/Oregon

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru
    I do hang on to the occasional empty (WT12, for example).

I am getting quite low on Bernhiem. I will likely replace it, but maybe not soon.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Connoisseur
    I have a few, but the most ridiculous one is a bottle of Rittenhouse Rye BIB DSP 31 with enough in it for about 2 good pours. I keep opening up the new DSP's and setting this one behind them. It's really stupid because I like the new DSP just as much as the DSP 31.

I'm gonna try to bite the bullet this weekend and kill it off. What's really pitiful is that I have a back up DSP 31 that I haven't opened.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Taster
    Bernheim is all over the place here in KY for under $40. I just picked up a bottle a few days ago since it is one of my wife's favorites. I just said goodbye to a bottle of Rittenhouse BIB that I paid $15 for. I can't find anymore around here. If I could I'd buy several bottles.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." -Mark Twain

Connoisseur
    I thought I remembered the Liquor Barn in louisville (by the airport) having it.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Connoisseur
    I thought I remembered the Liquor Barn in louisville (by the airport) having it
    Rittenhouse BIB that is.
    Mark/Nebraska

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    I will probably have a sniffle or two later this evening as I polish off a bottle of 2004 Stagg. This will be the 4th, and each one is hard to do. The primary reason is that it was the Holy Grail for me early in my Bourbon exploring world, and I had gotten to the point that I thought I may never, ever see one. Well, good ol' Cliff changed that by hooking me up with a couple of bottles at the 04 KBF, and I was off to the races. Now, I've accumulated a pretty good stash of Staggs, but throwing out a dead soldier of this beautiful bottle is hard to do.

JOE