Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TnSquire
    I emptied my Old Charter BIB last nite. I dont know if I will replace it or not. It was my mixing bourbon and the Rittenhouse has taken its place of late.
    The distributor who carries it in our area has discontinued the Old Charter BIB -- claiming it's no longer made, but more likely because of low sales. So, if you think you might EVER want to replace it, you might want to do it now.
    Tim

Enthusiast
    That is good to know!

Enthusiast
    Three bottles in three days, Weller 107, Pappy 15 and a Buffalo Trace. The first two are replaceable by heading to the local proprietor, but the BT requires a trip out of state. Sure would be nice to refill the coffers locally.

Advanced Taster

These were recycled today

These are the bottle that went into the recycle bin today. Good bye to EWSB '95, OF BiB KY-1, EC12, Big and middle Knobs, Bookers '96, Saz jr, GTS 131.8, Saz18 '03, RHF, PVW15, RR90 and RR101. They had a good run but it had to end today.

Howie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some people see the glass as half empty, others half full,I prefer to drink straight from the bottle

Advanced Taster
    I just drained a George T. Stagg fall 05 on the last camping trip of the year. Sipped the last three pours under the canopy in the rain at a special punkin head event. Amazing we had a few trick or treaters to give candy to.

bj

Virtuoso
    My VG90 bottle just joined the ranks of the empties, after a double pour for tonight.
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Connoisseur
    I struggle so much finishing any bottle, even the ones I can easily replace. I have about a dozen with less than an inch left in the bottom, but I can't bring myself to keep drinking them.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyBoston
    I struggle so much finishing any bottle, even the ones I can easily replace. I have about a dozen with less than an inch left in the bottom, but I can't bring myself to keep drinking them.
    That's why we're here, Tim.

Drink them. Really. It's better that way.

Connoisseur
    I finally did finish off that Rittenhouse BIB DSP 31 and I did in a VWSR that had been here a while. I almost couldn't reach for the bottle to finish it off, but then my loving wife told me to save the cap and cork and put them in my pillow case. Ease yourself away from them, let go, she said. I turned so that she couldn't see the tear forming in my eye as I heard the VWSR hit the bottom of the trash can.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Advanced Taster
    What a lineup! Wish I could have been there to help them along their way....and I don't mean by carrying them to the curb

Quote Originally Posted by stoopsie
    These are the bottle that went into the recycle bin today. Good bye to EWSB '95, OF BiB KY-1, EC12, Big and middle Knobs, Bookers '96, Saz jr, GTS 131.8, Saz18 '03, RHF, PVW15, RR90 and RR101. They had a good run but it had to end today.

Howie
    Chris/Oregon