Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
    Irreverent One

Re: Empty Bottles Support Group

Last night finished a bottle of Saz 18. It's been sitting there with a couple of ounces for a while. I guess I was avoiding it because I only have one bottle left and am not optimistic about finding any more. It'll probably be some time before I open it.

Weekend before last a liquor store manager (one who I believe know's what he's talking about) told me that Oregon will not receive any 2008 BTAC unless sales of BT (the bourbon by that name, not any BT brand) reach some minimal threshold level. No way to know if that's going to happen.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Guru

Four Roses 40th and EVSB 97 came to an end this past week.... they were good to the last drop and will be missed... until the next bottle is opened

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Four Roses Single Barrel, Party Source edition. A goodie.

Woodford Reserve. Maybe revisiting this bottle answers why it has taken so long to empty....

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Jameson 12yo, an older bottling/label (c. late-'80s, early-'90s). Much more copper influence than more recent issues, which leads me to wonder if it wasn't early after a re-coppering -- with today's bottles from a more-scoured pot still.
    Anyway, it was an interesting stylistic note, not the prominent sense in so aged a whiskey, so not nearly distracting and offensive as an American distiller's recent 'copper-kettle' bottling.
    Tim

Advanced Taster

ORVW 10/90 and Antique107 joined the ranks last evening (sniff)...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Four Roses Single Barrel, Party Source edition. A goodie.
    Do you think the PS edition was appreciably different from the regular FRSB?

I like the concept of SB versions of expressions that usually aren't available that way (e.g., BT). But a SB of FR is, well, a SB of FR. Can / will a selection that someone makes from a handful of pre-selected single barrels that were destined for a SB bottling be significantly more special than any other SB bottling?
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    Do you think the PS edition was appreciably different from the regular FRSB?

I like the concept of SB versions of expressions that usually aren't available that way (e.g., BT). But a SB of FR is, well, a SB of FR. Can / will a selection that someone makes from a handful of pre-selected single barrels that were destined for a SB bottling be significantly more special than any other SB bottling?
    John,

A different yeast strain was used in the Party Source edition to the regular FR Single Barrel.

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

It was a little different, though perhaps no more so than any two bottles from different barrels.

Virtuoso

Killed a WT RB. OK bottle, won't be replaced anytime soon as I have so many better in the works.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!