Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
    Apprentice

Re: Empty Bottles Support Group

I'm glad you guys and gals are here. I've been keeping my empties along the tops of my kitchen cabinets as decorations. (Lots of red wax ... brightens the room ... but other brands as well.) My wife and her friends keep telling me I need to graduate from college and stop decorating with liquor bottles. I just tell them they don't get it. Someone please validate my thinking. Heh.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JasonFalls View Post
    I'm glad you guys and gals are here. I've been keeping my empties along the tops of my kitchen cabinets as decorations. (Lots of red wax ... brightens the room ... but other brands as well.) My wife and her friends keep telling me I need to graduate from college and stop decorating with liquor bottles. I just tell them they don't get it. Someone please validate my thinking. Heh.
    I think your wife is onto something here...the top of the kitchen cabinets should be reserved for full bottles of super premium whiskey. Empties with sentimental value go on the mantel.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Timothy is on to something. The best argument for the empties is that the only realistic alternative is to replace them with full bottles.

The other choice is blissful singlehood.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by barturtle View Post
    I think your wife is onto something here...the top of the kitchen cabinets should be reserved for full bottles of super premium whiskey. Empties with sentimental value go on the mantel.
    hahhhahahahhahahah that is damn funny...

Tonight I finally killed the EWSB 96... my least favorite of the line.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by barturtle View Post
    Nice. I thought I had some bourbon love here. So, without sentimental value, i should get rid of my empties? (The full ones are in the cabinet ... got kids. Currently have some Maker's, Booker's, Basil Hayden and a little Elijah Craig left over from my dad's last visit.)
    ----------
    Jason Falls
    Father, Husband, Bourbon Fan
    (I work with Beam Global, but am here for conversation, not advertising.)

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JasonFalls View Post
    Nice. I thought I had some bourbon love here. So, without sentimental value, i should get rid of my empties?
    That's up to you (and the spousal unit). I find they would take up too much space I can use for full bottles.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Guru

Said "so long" to an EWSB 1995. One of the better ones of this series (IMHO).

Ignored and forgotten for so long, ye will be missed.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Guru

For the "graduate from College" remark, I would get rid of all but one.

Lost a dear friend in the form of a WLW '06. Ye shall be missed, it currently is on top of my fridge in honor of thise gone before.

At least until the spouse notices.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Connoisseur

It's not quite empty, as I have about one small drink left, but tonight I had a taste from my nearly expired bottle of Weller 19 yo, from the 2002 Antique Collection. It's been a long time since I've had a taste of this one, and it was every bit as wonderful as I remembered it...a whole lot of flavors like cherry and vanilla, and oh so good. Man, will I mourn its passing.

Guru

Bernheim bit the dust tonight. Good bourbon, but I will not replace it. Only so much room on the shelves and there are others I like as much that I can get here. I had to spend extra to get this sent to me here in AZ.