Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Question What next after Booker's

Hello. I'm mostly a scotch drinker, but a friend of mine turned me on to Booker's Bourbon, which I love. Is Booker's one-of-a-kind, or are there other bourbons out there that a Booker's lover should check out. Thanks for any advice!

Guru
    Well then, maybe you should try George T Stagg, it really does not compare in taste, (Stagg is better), but if the high proof was to your liking, you'll love Stagg.

And, if you're looking for an everyday pour, within 'affordable' limits, try Jim Beam Black. Lower proof = lower price = still great Jim Beam flavor. It may be JB's best 'bang-for-the-buck'.
    Tim

Connoisseur
    George T. Stagg, definately, it varies in taste, but the complexity and high alcohol content are the same.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Taster
    William LaRue Weller and Noah's Mill should be considered too....

Enthusiast
    Some of it depends on what it is you like about the Booker's. The Stagg, WLW, and Noah's Mill are also high proof bourbons. But is that what you're enjoying, or something else? Lots of bourbons might float your boat at a lower proof.

Some of this also depends on where you are; distributions can be limited and availability varies by state. The Stagg and WLW don't seem to make it to GA stores.

Have fun.

Bob
    Last edited by BobA; 10-31-2006 at 16:38.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon
    And, if you're looking for an everyday pour, within 'affordable' limits, try Jim Beam Black. Lower proof = lower price = still great Jim Beam flavor. It may be JB's best 'bang-for-the-buck'.
    Perfect answer for a lower proof JB example. I'd also say that BT 90 proof is a super whiskey to try. If you don't like it you likely don't like Bourbon!
    Philip

I guess good whiskey really does tickle my pickle!